Feedback On Dark and Stormy Tides

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rymar, Nov 15, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxS₮αℜ

MaxS₮αℜ Forum Greenhorn

*Edit*

Please use English laguage.

Last edited by moderator: Nov 17, 2022
  2. runran

runran Forum Apprentice

Let me bring some clarifications for you guys. The traders appear every 4 and half hours on the sea chart. When the time comes you can see where they are by opening the sea map and hovering the mouse cursor over the maps, you will see where each trader is. The grog NPC spawns based on how much barrels people have, if more players have then there will be less NPC. Best time to hunt them is when the traders are active and the next half hour because when the barrels are spent at trader new NPC spawn. As for the quest givers I am lvl 50 and I could only accept quests from the one on the 40+ maps. Hope this information helps you guys.

3. Helps a lot. So I guess I should have tried the one in the 40+ maps...
    Thanks a lot mate

4. Well 4h 30 passed and no trader spawned...
    Any idea on the time when they spawn? And how long they stay on water?

5. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Smugglers can be found in random maps and only on certain times.

Open your event menu to see how much time is left before the Traders (smugglers) appear again.

timeleft1.png

250 NPCs are required to be sunk in order to spawn Captain Ron - check admiral rage in the event menu.

Please be aware that:

The more of the currency is distributed in the game, the less event ships spawn.

Once all Barrels of Grog are in the game, event ships don´t spawn anymore.

Once a Trader appear you should be able to do some grog trades by accepting quests.

If there are any problems with that please contact Support.

You can check when the Traders will spawn at the event menu (check the picture above).

Traders lasts for 30 minutes since their spawn.

Rymar

6. motorko69

motorko69 Forum Apprentice

but admirall stuck at 0/250 long time

7. Yea Admiral Spawn is stuck at 0 for like 4 hours now...
    And, I lose 5k grogs just cause I got shot once and I get nothing for shooting down like 20 players? Doesnt seem fair at all.
    It took me hours to build those grogs up.

The*Defiant likes this.
  8. Rymar

This should be resolved with upcoming sync, more info here -> Patchday Notes

Rymar

9. BAPHOMET97

BAPHOMET97 Someday Author

10. AIRTEC

AIRTEC Regular

should put traders in safe haven so players can use there grog rather than get sunk by players sitting at trader to stop people from using it :))

11. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

The FAQs section is certainly incorrect. I logged out early this morning with 7,112 barrels of Grog and my boat in Safe Haven. The FAQs says you lose 5% every 2 hours. Well - someone cannot do math! Check this out:

2022-11-17 06:32:20 661x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.

2022-11-17 04:32:17 751x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.

2022-11-17 02:32:15 854x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic
    . <---(5% of 7,112 = 356)!

12. They changed it to 12-15%.
    Check last patch notes

The*Defiant likes this.
  13. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thank you mate! Wow...I have been reading the Patchday Notes, and they keep pumping them out non-stop! I think this is like the third or fourth Patchday Note regarding this non-existent event!

14. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I just received the "Grog Master" via a quest. Did it self-activate? If so, for how long? Or is there somewhere I go to activate it? :confused:

15. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

In this event in previous years, the Smugglers always spawned in Safe Haven. Different ones spread throughout the Seachart, but always there, which makes sense if you are trying to redeem. I heard someone say they are spawning on the Seachart outside of the Safe Havens. If this is true, then that is nuts! I can just see players trying to redeem and losing all of their Grog getting sunk by guilds camped out next to the Smugglers. Again - if this is correct - then toss this Event into the garbage can! I wish the developers (that Bigpoint must go through, hiring and firing like water) would at least LOOK at the previous years to see how the Events were handled! Consistency is nice.

I'm asking once again: The FAQs says: Every 2 hours you lose 5% of your Barrels of Grog, which can be avoided with a buff: “Grog Master”. <--I know you get one in one of the quests. But how do I activate him, and how long does he provide protection?

This is the most pathetic event of all time! I had over 40,000 barrels and could not redeem ANY of them! *Edit* I am "only" Level 49, so the Smugglin' Johnny in 50/1 I could not get to. So I went to Smugglin' Jim in Map 49/1 and all of his quests were grayed out! I teleported to 17/1 where Smugglin' Jack was located and got the same thing - all quests grayed out! What the heck? This is a flipping mess! The FAQs didn't even tell us how to see when the Smugglers would come out. I learned where to look from the Mod's post in this "discussion" thread. I worked 4 hours and got nothing. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by moderator: Nov 18, 2022
    Bawdyn likes this.
  16. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I worked 2 hours and made some progress towards some last Season coins. :p

Have only seen one grog ship so far and not seen a trader yet. Reading back, I think I 'might' be able to find a trader if I happen to be playing when they spawn, but if there are masses of squatters blockading them, then I see no point in even trying. Back to pointlessly sinking ships to get season coins.

The*Defiant likes this.
  17. daggerstip

daggerstip Forum Apprentice

another lovely event, the best, can't find trader and when I did by accident, go sunk endlessly while in map. Couldn't even get near the trader to look let alone exchange grog. And with that though grog seems to be pretty useless a many on water that no one picks up. it is grand that others are having a great time with event, this is just another one that will be skipped to try and earn extra rewards.

The*Defiant likes this.
  18. Rymar

Once you obtain it from a quest it should be active on your account straight away for 24 hours.

This should now be resolved.

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  19. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Finally got on earlier today and there seem to be enough ships now. The problem now is the trade embargos and the lack of worthy things to purchase. There was a bunch of Atlantis stuff I'll never use and a few other not particularly useful things. The only thing even close to useful was a level 4 repair guy for two days for 5k+ grog. And even though I had more than he cost I couldn't select the quest. I did buy all the other crap to satisfy the quest and maybe have a chance at the random draws in the ranking.

Here's the biggest hint I can give to have any chance with a trader. Go into the map with the trader under the light and find the trader and get the quests before someone triggers your light off. You might get lucky and get away from the trader with your light still on.

The*Defiant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.