Feedback On Dark and Stormy Tides

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rymar, Nov 15, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Yes - I did that as well (went under the Light of Tortuga), but there were so many people coming and going that my light was broken. Why didn't the developers look back at how this Event was done previously??? They would have seen this only works fairly with the Smugglers in SAFE HAVENS! (This isn't "rocket science"). Just pitiful. I'll leave it at that.

babenewport likes this.
  2. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Rymar - The Grog Master isn't working correctly at all (assuming that one GM gives 24-hour protection). I got him and you can see I lost a huge chunk of grog barrels with no fighting (see below).

2022-11-17 16:17:33 You received 1 x Grog Master.

2022-11-18 02:48:12 You've used a(n) Legba Amulet.
    2022-11-18 02:48:12 1x Legba Amulet was/were removed. Reason: Used.
    2022-11-18 02:48:09 1411x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.
    2022-11-18 02:48:08 Your captain was victorious and successfully finished Rogues and Curs for you!
    2022-11-18 02:48:07 1632x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.
    2022-11-18 02:48:06 1x Unstoppable was/were removed. Reason: Used.2022-11-18 02:48:041x Bloodlust was/were removed. Reason: Used.
    2022-11-18 02:48:02 1x Triton's Crown was/were removed. Reason: Used.
    2022-11-18 02:47:58 2758x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.
    2022-11-18 02:47:55 3790x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.
    2022-11-18 02:47:50 1x Seer's Vision was/were removed. Reason: Used.
    2022-11-18 02:47:39 You received 496 x Pearls.
    2022-11-18 02:47:39 You received 5595 EXP (experience points).
    2022-11-18 02:47:27 You opened a locked chest.
    2022-11-18 02:47:27 You received 2000 x Pyre ammunition.
    2022-11-18 02:47:27 1x Treasure chest key was/were removed. Reason: Chest opened.

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Part 1: Wonderful! I play for 3 hours building Grog early this morning. At 5:30 a.m. the message is up. The 3 Smugglers are in the same 3 Maps as last time. Map 17-1 has NO dot showing where he is (says he is "hiding"?), and myself and a friend couldn't find him. I activated a teleport to map 49-1 and same thing. No dot showing where he was, and I scoured the map and No Smuggler. Another guy in map 17-1 asking the same question right now, by the way.

Part 2: Answer: The Wrong Maps identified where they were! (Why am I surprised)? My buddy somehow found them on Maps 42-2, 36-1 and 34-1! And by the way, most of the goodies are for the freaking Atlantis game, which I will never play! See errors below!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  4. БОТЕВЪ11

БОТЕВЪ11 Someday Author

This event is very bad!

5. BAPHOMET97

BAPHOMET97 Someday Author

Where are the NPCs???
    Crap event...

6. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Grog Master is working correctly.

Please be aware that Grog Masters stops the decay of the barrels owned by you.

Your logbook clearly shows that you were shot by one of your fellow pirates - yes inflicting even 1 shoot of damage (eg. Contact Mine on stack) can cause you to loose your barrels.

We shall have a sync today with the following.

Event Fixes:
    • Traders now always spawn in the maps 21/2, 23/1 and 25/1.
    On every megaserver, there is a limited amount of Barrels of Grog available.

The more of the currency is distributed in the game, the less event ships spawn.

Once all Barrels of Grog are in the game, event ships don´t spawn anymore.

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I do now see I used an Unstoppable, so I guess you are correct. Thank you, and my apology. But I went to bed and my logbook shows this right now:

2022-11-18 10:26:05 3350x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.
    2022-11-18 08:13:41 3942x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.
    2022-11-18 04:57:17 4637x Barrel of Grog was/were removed. Reason: Event mechanic.

BUT---> 2022-11-17 16:17:33 You received 1 x Grog Master. <--(He should be good until 11-18-22 at 16:17:33)!

So the GM is either broken, he doesn't last for 24 hours, or...what am I missing? Are you saying he only *reduces* the percentage of decay by a set amount? Thanks...I don't doubt that you are overworked.

8. Mr_Peyton_9

Mr_Peyton_9 Forum Greenhorn

where do we spend barrels of grog at?

9. piranhahunter

piranhahunter Forum Connoisseur

good event
    i could not spend my barrels because the bigger ships were guarding the traders but no worries
    I made some million pearls,couple hundred thousand crowns and couple thousands yulong coins to spend when we have a even better event
    oh also got me 2 free ship skins I wanted a long time
    only down thing was that during event I could not come on the water due to some reasons I don't know about

10. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

On your Seachart, click on the Event box at the top and then on "Smugglers Dawn". At the bottom is the time remaining until 3 Smugglers appear. When they do, this same tab will show you what maps they are in on the Seachart, and you have 30 minutes to get to one, two, or all three to redeem your Grog for goodies. (The problem is, they didn't put them in Safe Haven as they did in this same Event in the past. So you probably will do good to redeem for one item, unless you have a bunch of guildmates to go with you). You can go under the Light of Tortuga and be invisible, but it is still difficult because everyone swarms the traders during their appearance times. Hope this helps.

11. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I know you have said this several times in multiple posts, but in all fairness I'd like to point out that the past occurrences of this event did have the traders out on the sea, not in the safe haven, just like this one.

2021:
    On Dark and Stormy Tides

2020:
    On Dark and Stormy Tides Event

I think you are thinking of this event that used a similar style of play (collecting items that you then trade, lose them if attacked or after some amount of time) but the traders were in the safe haven. The things you could buy were way better than this event, like 5k Yulong:
    Here be Sharks!

That said, I do prefer the traders in the safe haven, so I would support a request to change this event in the future.

The*Defiant likes this.
  12. †亗Almirante_negro亗†

†亗Almirante_negro亗† Forum Apprentice

I have the nonworking GM problem as well......

The*Defiant likes this.
  13. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thank you mate. Well - I learned something! Much appreciated. I guess I was mixed up, but as we both agree, it makes sense to always use the Safe Haven to redeem our goodies. (Can you imagine a new player trying to reach a Smuggler? Virtually impossible)! And as you mentioned, the "rewards" - in my opinion - were pitiful. (And had only items for "Atlantis" at one Smuggler - our new "blended" game, which I have no interest in).

Bawdyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.