open letter to forum admins.

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Łé††éяš~öƒ~мåяqµé, Jan 25, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While you might think writing to support is good advise, I suggest, like in my post that you so diligently deleted, it is just another of anything coming from BP as complete dog do do... Oh...will you ban me for using inappropriate words? If you remember...if you actually took the time to read what I wrote in my post...it was a suggestion that it would be nice if there were a way to circumvent speaking with the totally worthless support team whos only job skills (and I expect criteria for hiring) is to cut and paste rote answers and to deflect. While I assume that you are going to take some sort of obtuse objection to my words because you are also under the thumb of the 'great god of BP' and it is to be expected that you do, rather than to allow legitimate conversations regarding actual issues that have a negative effect on the game..it is easier to say "YOU VIOLATED THE RULES!!!" all the while allowing hundreds of players to run bots! IT is the perfect definition of hypocrisy, right? Well, go ahead my friend...give me a permeant ban to post in the forums...I really don't care. No one of use reads them anyway...only a few players use the forums and the game issues go on and on and on. I don't cheat. I have played the game for over 11 years and never had a bot...but there are times when I am the only player in a given map while there are 15 boats (bots) moving around... I complain about valid issues...why does the game need the pop up error message that stops game play..(this item is on cool down!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Now...tell me why I needed to know that? Why can't there be fewer redundant items in market packages? Why do I need 8 million level 4 chains of speed if I only wanted a cannon recipe? and yet, I get negative feedback and bans for complaining about it....and, at the same time, not only does nothing ever happen, there is absolutely no venue for finding out if someone is even interested in working on it. You suggest that I write to support and they say...'we will pass it on" end of story. Not ONE idea if anything comes of suggestions. How many times have I asked about the Harrrowstorm spawn time coinciding with the reset...and I get no feedback at all! (now I see that another SUN guild member wrote about it and got an answer...not a solution...but an answer...I get nothing! Why shouldn't you expect to get some 'frustrated language" from me? …you just hold that sweaty little digit over the Ban button...thanks a lot partner...geeze.

Last edited by moderator: Jan 26, 2021
    moosma, *Wonder*, Loki162 and 2 others like this.
  2. Indeed 100% correct and do not expect any changes to that fact coming to the exploiters period! 11 years and haven't seen any have U good luck on ban I have had to many to count just waste of time. FACT.

3. lol m8....exactly.. :)

4. Ask yourself this? Posting in chat or forum's doesn't help because they are non paid mod's just players like you. Why you think there are very few left, they like you get tired of it all falling on deaf ears going nowhere and getting pounded buy other players they quit and many have left this game all together. The cheat/exploiters are smarter at it than game devlopers period all the do is write code for new things to make money on game they careless about the cheats. That's a fact!

*Wonder* and Loki162 like this.
  5. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

We encourage players to give feedback, however, to provide feedback on Support please use the correct channels so it can be viewed by those responsible; the survey that is sent to you once a ticket has been closed or by contacting them directly. Quite simply the forum is not the place for your feedback on support to be actioned appropriately.

I must remain clear however, while we encourage feedback on all things we will not tolerate any kind of insults directed towards anyone; be that against players, moderators, support or anyone else, insults are clearly against the board rules as you well know and posts will be removed and infractions given should they contain this content. Players can, will and do express their frustration through well articulated comments, insulting others is not required and there is no excuse for doing so.

In regards to your suggestions, while it may seem like nothing is being done from the forum or support, I can state with 100% certainty that these are forwarded onto the Game Design team - I myself have forwarded the ones you have posted in the forum. Please be aware however, that because we forward your comments does not mean they will be actioned immediately or at all; there may be technical limitations or reasons an idea can not be put in place, it may not fit into the vision of the game, or other reasons. It may be that an they agree with an idea, but even then it will take time to implement as it has to go through a process for example design and documentation, feasibility, development, quality assurance, etc.

One specific point I would like to pick up, in my own personal opinion, is regarding package contents. As I stated we have forwarded this along, however, please do remember that while items may be "redundant" to you, some players may have not purchased previous packages or play a different play style and would like more of these items. The items one person needs or wants may not be the same for the next person, or the person after that. It is for that reason that not every package will be viable for every player and items will be placed in packages which you already have enough of.

I shall leave this thread open for now, however, if posts become argumentative or insulting without providing constructive positive feedback then this thread shall be closed. As mentioned at the start of my post, for feedback on Support please complete the survey you are provided with once the ticket has been closed, not on the forum.

Swift

6. I sympathize with the mod's situation, although it is a voluntary position and they know what they are getting into. I wouldn't do it for $$$$$ unless they enjoy cutting people off from productive conversations regarding game issues...(power trip?) (Police mentality?) (Big Brother?) I don't know. I think the issues I bring up are legit and being an honest and PAYING customer/player of Seafight for many years, I think I am due a modicum of respect as well. Obviously, my opinion of support is on a similar level as my opinion of donald duck (lock him up!) and the people who think invading the capitol is a good thing. Support is completely ineffective and has a bad attitude on top of it. If....if...if...if...if...BP would actually allow players to talk directly with the people who write the program...or can modify it...it would be a huge boon to the communication that is lacking in the game at this juncture. If suggestions had some sort of tracker that you could watch to see if they were being acted upon or disregarded...it would be great. The issue, in my humble opinion, as quoted in a very old movie.."what we have here is a lack of communication!"

Last edited by moderator: Jan 27, 2021
  7. USS_Defender(CAG-01)

USS_Defender(CAG-01) Exceptional Talent

A word about Support. The support you access from the landing page is part of the contracted Admin for the Forum/Chat and Support. If you desire to contact Support do it through the BP corporate site. If you do, you should categorize your query/statement/feedback as Other or Feedback. after the ticket has been responded to and closed a survey will be sent to you via email. If desired you may respond to the survey appropriately. I have found that it may have results, depending on who or what you are speaking about. It is not advisable to click on Seafight because it will take you to the Contractor Support portal.

8. Thanks M8....ya, you are right about going to the BP site directly. One would think that it would be a little easier...ug.

9. SDCDesigner

SDCDesigner Someday Author

Letters very well said and on point.

Last edited by moderator: Jan 29, 2021
  10. Thank you! I am just preaching to the choir here though...right? Just shows you how you how bored I am SDC. Haha....just call it the virus rant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.