Out of curiosity . .

Discussion in 'Help' started by Corsair_Bill, Jul 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

Hello, not trying to cry or gripe, just wondering, how do I do a search on someone who doesn't have a name on their boat, yet has a tag? and where would I report it if there is no way to track them?

2. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

The only way I have managed to do this, is either:

1) Alt + Click them on the SeaChart so their ID shows in chat.

2) Add their Guild Tag to the "Guild Spy", so it lists all of their members. Then scroll through until you find the player without a name and get their ID.

Once this is done, report it to support.

-Arky

3. Corsair_Bill

Corsair_Bill Forum Connoisseur

Thanks ARKY, will try it, I have no problems getting blubbed in the game, since it is part of the program, I just don't really like it when folks try to go to the extreme in order to hide from retaliation.

4. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Remember that if they changed their name today, it may show differently in the spy. However I think this is only if you try to search them by name. Searching by guild or ID should have no issues.

5. A-R-K-Y

A-R-K-Y Forum Overlooker

The issue is not that the name can not be found, but rather that they have no name, no characters in their name at all, not even a space. I have seen this personally when fighting on the American Server, there are at least 2 boats without a username.

-Arky

6. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Oh I understand that, it was just a little tip in case say the player was guildless but he knew their name before, he'd be able to spy the old name then if it was changed today and get the ID that way.

7. Got news for ya even when have their id and server you can got to that server and do search comes up with nothing on that server on line or any server online period will show for other servers no name and not online like lets say lots of them from server 205 doing this it shows that id number not online and you are looking right at them on seachart is just another game hack cheats using! Have reported them and server but bet sf can not even see them hay they are blind to lots of their exploits.

8. As this has been answered

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.