Promotion of Captains - What basic stats are needed?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Sea-Sea, Apr 1, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

Question:
    To be able to take the highest risk missions (1500) with a lvl 5 Captain, what min. basic stat is needed in Vitality?

Important advice:
    There is no point in promoting a Captain to higher levels, if his vitality is to low to do the missions on the higher levels (learn it the hard way, used a lot of resources to promote a Captain to lvl 4, without considering his basic vitality before (had only 81), I was only only looking at his basic reputation (15) and basic luck (10) and now he is only able to do lvl 1 and 2 missions due to too low vitality).

The*Defiant likes this.
  2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Hello,

all captains obtained from chests can have between 81 and 95 base Vitality.

So for example, if you happen to score a captain with 85 Vitality it will be much less likely to have the required vitality at higher tiers (the less base vitality your captain has the less vitality he will gain from his equipment).

It would be best to improve a captain with base Vitality of 95 then you can be sure it will reach the required risk factor (equipment must be included).

Rymar

3. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

So if I understand you correct, to be able to take the highest risk lvl 5 missions, you need to start with a Captain with a basic vitality of 95. I think this information should be added to the FAQ as this is a vital information for the players, so they dont make the same mistake as me, promoting a Captain to lvl 4, using a lot of ressources and then he is only able to do lvl 2 missions.

The*Defiant likes this.
  4. Rymar

Not necessarily, it could be a captain with for example 90 Vitality as well, everything depends on your captain equipment but obviously the higher base vitality the higher amount of vitality will be obtained from your equipment.

Rymar

5. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

But the equipment does not help much, if your basic stats are bad. Even with +50% from equipment, my lvl 4 Captain is not even close to be able to do a lvl 3 mission, that requires 400 in risk (has now 217 in vitality, lvl 4 upgrade / lvl 5 out of 10. I get 18 more vitality for each lvl , i.e. when he is fully upgraded to lvl 10, he will have approx. 307 in vitality).

My first question was, "What should min. basic vitality be to be able to get 1500 in risk when fully upgraded" (highest risk mission I have seen so far). I don't think a basic vitality of 90 would be enough?

Any players out there who could share their experience?

The*Defiant likes this.
  6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Hey mate! Here are some odd examples that I have experienced regarding "Vitality"! ---> https://prnt.sc/G1AAsbafueeR

And this guy I forgot to even equip with a Talisman! --> https://prnt.sc/dmbfBh5LV7L4

And these two pirates I forgot to even equip with anything! --> https://prnt.sc/VWA6_U6PmmmX
    --> https://prnt.sc/LWM7a3UwQR1D

I wonder if we should take them to (Level 10 - Tier Outcast) *unequipped* and then - after promotion to green - start adding equipment? (I am still working to answer that question. But since the stats reset when you promote, it makes sense to me)!

7. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

Captain Waters have basic stats as follow:

Luck: 5-10
    Vitality: 90-95

Captain Plank have basic stats as follow:

Luck: 0-5
    Vitality: 90-95

Captain Powers have basic stats as follow:

Luck: 5-10
    Vitality: 85-90
    (Maybe the best Captain to promote, if you have one with max values 10-10-90?)

So I think, that you by coincidence have chosen Captains with a high basic vitality, lucky you.

The*Defiant likes this.
  8. Noblessy

Noblessy Forum Greenhorn

Is really hard this sistem...
    Lucky is uselles..., i have one captain lvl 4 whit 252 lucky and around 9% chance to win the good things...
    the other captain lvl 4 have 80 lucky and around 8% chance to win the good things...
    This captain lvl 4 whit good lucky have 414 vitality so i can make just mission lvl 3..., and he is full equiment...
    the other captain lvl 4 whit 80lucky have around 722 vitality so i can do all mission lvl 4...
    The problem is..., we need ''lucky'' for real lucky..., wen we make equiments..., i have 3 equipment lvl 5..., and no one have % vitality, that is really sucks..., because is equipement lvl 5 is the hell to make one..., and if you dont have lucky you can take 4 equipement lvl 5 whit 0% vitality...
    So vitality is the most important stats...
    annother thing is... yo win 2% ''lucky'' whit lvl upgrade captain, captain lvl 1 2%, lvl 2 4%, lvl 3 6%, lvl 4 8%, lvl 5 10%..., so lucky in captain is very useless...

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. Noblessy

Noblessy Forum Greenhorn

I think the lucky need one upgrade..., some thing like 25 lucky = 1% chance do win good things..
    soo if you have one captain lvl 5 - 10% + 250 lucky = 20% chance to win things...
    otherwise lucky will keep useless...

The*Defiant likes this.
  10. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

Yes, can see that Luck is more or less useless as you apparently only get +1% luck, if you have more than 50 in luck.

Even if you have several hundreds in Luck, you still only get + 1%? Can some MOD please advice if this is intended or some bug? If this is intended, Luck is completely useless.

So maybe the best Captain to promote is Captain Plank (10-5-95 in max values)?

The*Defiant likes this.
  11. Rymar

My apologies for the delay in response.

Luck... well it works a little bit different than everyone think.

Every captain tier has a starting % of luck and then there is also a set value which you need to pass in order to gain another % of luck.

The best Captain to upgrade would be the one with "max" base statistic of your choice (reputation/vitality/luck).

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  12. Rymar

Since there is no further response this thread shall now be closed.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.