rift map time

Discussion in 'Help' started by $_Νéɱéşïş_$¦Є¦, Mar 14, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have finish rift map for 29.16 show in map. but after jump out back to safe port. i check on menu i have finish for 30:44 something. why ? its different almost 2min, and for the record 1min or 1 sec its make different rank in rift map. explain this please

14/26121328
    thanks

2. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

We have tested the Rift and also reviewed your account. The times for each wave you completed add up to the time specified in the ranking, there was not an added delay.

I would like to inform you, as this is likely the cause for confusion; the Rift times are calculated by the server, the timer you see on your screen while in the rift is local.

What that means is that while the map is loading, NPCs are loading for each wave and at the start of the rift, the timer may stop occasionally, which accounts for the difference in time on the server vs locally.

I would recommend you clear your cache and refresh before attempting the Rift, this may help a more accurate timer to be displayed on your screen.

In conclusion, the Rift is working as designed and the time you received is correct.

Swift

3. i dont understand. when i jump at fisrt wave it count from 00:00 is that not correct ? even the time is in my local computer? so i play rift many time and mostly i do refresh the page clear cache etc, but its the same, the resul always not same between count time in my computer and the resul in the game ranking. so idk how to say

and again , check my latest rift map i finished. in my count time screen i have finish at 28:38 something let say its 29:00 and after go back to safe port. i check on rift menu, my last rift map time is 29:54.140 its so many different. ,, please come on do i have make video about this ?? iam affarid i can't

i was wonder do the server count time start from when we click rift map that count down from 10 sec.? bcs the diffferent in our "you said local time" is so many than the "server time count" that you said swift. i dont understand. and "the timer may stop occasionally," what you mean about that ? is timer in our local computer or server ? in our display count time, it never lag or delay or whatever, it alwys counting

[Merged]

Last edited by moderator: Mar 15, 2021
  4. Swift

Ahoy,

I have reviewed your logbook and found the time you entered the Rift and the time you completed it.

2021-03-14 10:31:07 1x Rift Emblem was/were removed. Reason: Greater Rift.
    2021-03-14 11:01:51 You have completed wave 30.

The exact time between these two is 30 minutes and 44 seconds - which is the same amount of time as displayed in the ranking.

So to answer one of your questions, yes, the Rift timer starts as soon as your emblem is removed.

The visual timer is there as a guide, although lag, loading, etc can cause this to not be accurate. Please be aware that the time you receive in the ranking is the correct time, just like everybody else.

Swift

5. ahh logbook, im done. i can say nothing. i just dont understand it. but the i learn something about this, that Bp cannot make it sync beetween our count time and the "server count time" once again what can i do anyway. nothing!

speak about logbook why you rely this situation on logbook, what if i play rift now and i leave map and continue play again later tomorrow, you make calculate it from logbook ? 24 hours i finish the rift map ?

i will put my logbook here after tommorrow i continued my rift map, for now i pause bcs i need to rest and continued to enter rift map at wave 2 . maybe you want to see my logbook from the start and the finish log i will put like just 2 logbook and how we can calculated from logbook.

and about this "So to answer one of your questions, yes, the Rift timer starts as soon as your emblem is removed." you mean while we waiting for 10sec to jump in sorry not 10sec but 15 SECOND in the server is already start counting the time ?? you sure ? SO IF YES we already lose 15second at the begining ?

thanks for you support anyway, but still i m not satisfied at the end. not to you the board admin, but the game mechanics. simple just " why the timing is not the same??"

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  6. 2021-03-15 15:03:28 You have completed wave 1.
    2021-03-15 15:03:28 You received 35 x Rift coin.
    2021-03-15 15:03:28 You received 1200 x Pearls.
    2021-03-15 15:03:27 You sank Rift Cannoneer's ship.
    2021-03-15 15:03:23 You sank Rift Cannoneer's ship.
    2021-03-15 15:03:162x Rift Emblem was/were removed. Reason: Greater Rift.
    http://prntscr.com/10mevgo

there is my last logbook before i sleep. see you tommorow on the next finish rift map logbook

7. Köyble

Köyble Forum Apprentice

You not compete against time, but other players, who also "lose" 15 sec at the beginning. It is totally fair because everybody has the same amount of loading time. I understand it is frustrating seeing a different timer while doing waves than the real, valid one, but it is like before: Everyone's time is based on local (server) time, so it is also fair. What is not however is the latency, ping, your PC's performance etc. You can't do much about it (you can buy a better PC, but you can't pay for less ping). It is what it is. Move closer to the server :D But I think it's not that much of a deal, you lose about 0,5 sec if you have a terrible connection and high ping.

8. Swift

Ahoy,

The time is not calculated from the logbook, I was simply showing you that from the time you entered the map until the time you finished it was 30 minutes and 44 seconds - it does not matter what your timer said, that was the amount of time it took you from starting wave 1 until wave finishing wave 30.

The timer only counts when you are in the map (emblem is also removed when you enter the map, after the countdown to answer your other question), but this is the server timer, which is accurate.

Every player is competing with players on the same server, the same timer, which is the accurate time. As I mentioned before, the timer that is displayed can and is effected by your computer performance, delay in transmission, etc, which is why it sometimes does not appear correct. However, let me state again for clarity, the server time is accurate and that is what is used.

Swift

9. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Since there is no further response I'll close this thread.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.