Suggestion Seafight Auction House!

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by The*Defiant, Jun 14, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I know this concept (or similar ones) have been proposed for years. But just as the major auction houses (Sotheby's and Christie's) provide an avenue for selling fine art, collectibles, etc. (and earn a nice commission for doing so), why not introduce such a concept to our game? Some players may not buy certain packages that are offered because they only want maybe one of the eight items in the package. So Bigpoint makes no sale. But what if Bigpoint acted as an auction house and let players trade to other players items they want for items they don't want, while paying Bigpoint a commission? Like many players, I would prefer it to not be in cash, but quite frankly, I would pay money to buy an item or two that I need on my boat. We could have a daily listing (updated every so often) with players offerings and what they want in exchange, or something of this nature. Bigpoint could act as trustee and see that the virtual assets are properly transferred. I would like to hear other opinions on this (the good, the bad, and even the ugly)! Thank you! P.S. And in light of the current workload with refining "Unity", perhaps this could even be considered "down the road", when there is more time to implement such a concept - which would probably need a lot of player support, suggestions, and refinement.

abah2 likes this.
  2. ~xZukerx~

~xZukerx~ Active Author

I liked the idea. I think this has a lot to do with Piracy. Trade with other pirates for certain items: cannons, extensions, jewelry, action items.

The idea is interesting, but I don't know if using real money would be a good one. If we could keep this balance and use it to purchase some item in the future, then it would be good. Anyway, I would like you to value gold more.

Once upon a time, gold was life. Buy items at auction. Today, even at MHH the items are not up for auction. It's so easy to collect millions of gold bars. And on the other hand it is useless. Buy powder monkeys, pirates, etc? Seriously?

The*Defiant likes this.
  3. ☆~乂RAMPAGE乂~☆

☆~乂RAMPAGE乂~☆ Forum Greenhorn

Hmm I really like the idea! However I see it very hard to implement it for two main reasons:
    1. It is hard to appoint a value for every offer that is being made, in order for big point to charge it after.
    2. There would be many players that would benefit by buying and/or merging accounts, even why it is against the rules.

For the 1st point, we could argue that for every transaction there can be a set fee, but even in this case, the fee must be high enough to prevent exploit and therefore make it less needed. Many would just wait for packages that include more of the things they're interested in and that's about it.

As for the 2nd, there could be a limit to how many trades you can do with an account in a given amount of time, but then again that would still not be enough to prevent against the rules behavior.

It's a very good idea, I would personally like to see it implemented. But this would bring more harm to BP rather than good so it makes sense if they decide to not give it a try.

P.S: However, in my opinion, they could give it a try and make some sort of "Pirate Market (bazar) Days" that are random like castle and trophy days, where they can implement a mini-version of this idea and see how it goes from there.

The*Defiant likes this.
  4. -Mr.Eyüp-

-Mr.Eyüp- Active Author

It will never happen, it's Bigpoint we're talking about xD Most other games have in game auction features,
    for bigpoint they would look at it: the players put even less money, because they got it for free from bigger players xD
    The idea is gold, unfortunately the company is of poor standard, arrogant and greedy

Xenoverse and The*Defiant like this.
  5. ~xZukerx~

~xZukerx~ Active Author

I liked that point. Let's think about it, we have the soccer event now. And what can we do with the repeat pieces we have? Well, we can sell.

[​IMG]

However, the currency we use is cursed souls. In this way, and expanding the idea of ☆~乂RAMPAGE乂~☆.

There could be a specific event for exchanges:

"Pirate Days!"

New Currency Dealer Coin. And everything an event deserves: New Char in Safe Haven; Quest list; Daily quests; Event Chests; New NPC's... I would replace shipwrecks with "floating boxes".

This Coin can be obtained from payment packages, which would make it more attractive for BP. But, the way to get the Dealer Coins would be to do the quests, daily quests, board, sink and damage event NPCs, destroy floating boxes and open event chests.

We use Dealer Coin to give away items on the Black Market, as well as puzzle pieces from the football event. For example:

I sell 1 Level 2 Devastating Cannon for 1 Dealer Coin.
    I sell 1 Refined Gem (Lvl 20) for 3 Dealer Coin.

I think this market must be worked well to prevent unfair exchanges. And, in this way, it avoids cheating. Idea: A worldbreaker cannon should cost at least 3 Dealer Coins if it is Lvl 0. And so on.

I even thought of a minigame: Protect merchant ships!

If your group and you manage to protect the merchant ships, you earn valuable rewards.

OSWALD MURRAY SAY: "Ahoy captain, my ships will transport teas to the Land of the Queen, and I have learned that some marauding pirates want to steal my merchandise, if you manage to protect my ships I will reward you very well."

Protect Tea Boats: Gold + Pearls + Dealer Coin
    Protect Clothing Ships: Pearls + Crowns + Dealer Coin
    Protect Food Ships: Pearls + Crowns + Dealer Coin
    Protect Jewelry Ships: Yulong, Safanad + Dealer Coin

Anyway, you can make a top event. I know BP will not give up making money. But, it can make something more attractive for all players and those players who like to invest can still participate.

6. AKYBOY

AKYBOY Someday Author

yes we need also the marketplace to allow us to get rid of things that we dont use and dont need anymore in exchange for different curency and if possible to make exchange trough players for somme items of course to not create problems somme items to be bound like the ones comming from quests, chests etc ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.