Seafight Plan For 2020

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by soaptasteok, Jan 27, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soaptasteok

soaptasteok Active Author

Hello, I just wanna know whats seafights plan on 2020 when adobe flash will be shutting down.

2. Shelby1

Shelby1 Board Administrator Team Seafight

Hello Pirate,

I am sorry we have not heard anything yet. Im sure it will be put in the announcements if/when we do.

Shelby

3. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

I too would be interested to know this information. Flash is very very out-dated now and a change is well overdue, the current game runs like trash and gets progressively worse the longer you play. A more modern, properly developed client would be greatly appreciated by all I think.

This would probably explain why things are migrating over to the client from the backpage, as much as some may dislike it, it makes sense if they are working on moving from flash.

4. soaptasteok

May we ask for a general discussion thread with the devs regarding this matter sooner?

5. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

I will be moving this to the Ideas and Suggestions section and leaving it open so that everyone has a chance to contribute their ideas. Please stick to ideas ans suggestions that will help with this issue and lets not turn it into a gripe session as seems to be the norm. Thanks in advance.

Tex

6. soaptasteok

we need answers asap because im considering about spending or not

7. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

As soon as we get the information, we pass it on to the players.

Tex

8. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

The last bit of information we have received on this topic was with the release of the Seafight Client, although it does not have all the answers, it may provide you with a slight bit more information than you would have otherwise:
    Open Beta is coming soon: Download the new Seafight client!

Swift

9. HMS-dozza

HMS-dozza Regular

Yeah the client is a good step but it seems like it's no more than a (very feature lacking, like seriously we can't even close tabs) custom web browser useful only for supporting flash when mainstream browsers finally drop support entirely. I sincerely hope this isn't the endgame plan, I'd like to see an overhaul of the core engine by 2020, a game this simple shouldn't have framerate/lag issues in 2019, let alone by 2020. If work hasn't already begun I do fear for the future of the game past 2020.

Just my two pennies

AK745 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.