The Crystal Skulls & Skull Fleet event!

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Nov 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

Only shoot on enemies with 2 or 3 skulls on their icon, if they only have 1 or no icon, get the he... out off their before they start shooting back on you, or you will loose skulls.

2. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

My experience is that:

- a ship with 1 skull has less skulls than you, so don't shoot on it as you will loose skulls in case it shots back.
    - a ship with 2 skulls has approx. the same amount skulls as you, so if you shoot it and it shoots back on you, you should both get approx the same amount skulls, so status quo.
    - If a ship has 3 skulls, it has more skulls than you and you should get extra skulls if both do same damage on each other.

So my conclusion is, only shoot on ships with 3 skulls on their icon as there is a big risk you will loose skulls, in case players with 1 or 2 skulls on their icon shoot back on you.

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Once again, thank you Swift! Much appreciated!

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

You nailed it mate! No skull ammo available (last time I checked), poor instructions on how this works, apparently this concept either does not work correctly or is confusing virtually all of us, it will encourage new "programs" to be developed and used, it will encourage a person with lots of skulls to log off until the Black Market opens, and who in the world asked for this? My guess? As usual - nobody.

Tergrinder likes this.
  5. Pagan_Spirit

Pagan_Spirit Forum Inhabitant

Indiana Jones would be as annoyed with this as I am ...

cʟαш, Bawdyn, Tergrinder and 2 others like this.
  6. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

This skull event is certainly not going as BP predicted?

There are much less ships on the water now than usual as a majority of the players (at least all those with a decent amount of skulls) are hiding in light or in bonus map, because if you attack anybody with less skulls than you have yourself, you will loose skulls.

You can only attack players with 3 skulls on their icon or sink npc's to get more skulls, and when you have reach a certain amount of skulls, there are very few players where you will get any skulls by shooting at them, so what to do?

If you sail around as normal, everybody with less skulls than you will attack you, even small players as they will get skulls with every single shoot, while you get nothing yourself, even if you sink the players shooting at you.

So what to do? Either go in bonus map or log off until Monday.

A way to solve it could be that you get 10% of the skulls or max 150 skulls from players you sink (not by damage, only sink) and the first 1000 skulls nobody can touch.

The*Defiant and *KRUCHY* like this.
  7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I can't believe it! The Event just got announced and one player already has a defense. Every time I tried to cap him (he shows 3 Skulls) it says "You must wait for the PvP Cooldown"! I tried for over 20 seconds. Then again later - the same guy, same message. How long does it take?

8. .ÜBERLALLARN.

.ÜBERLALLARN. Forum Greenhorn

is there a limmet on what a player can collect and yes i think silly that you loode when u win a fight still loose the skulls u suld keep what you hit like any other event

9. -TALENTO.GR.-

-TALENTO.GR.- Someday Author

i reached 2k skulls ...warchannel happened....2 hours later 604 skulls seems legit event!

P.s got sunked 2 times

The*Defiant likes this.
  10. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

I think they should change it, so all skulls you have collected should be put into a "bank" every day at 1200lt, and therefor be untouchable by other players. So every day at 1200lt you should start with 0 skulls on your ship.

As it is now, most players with a decent amount of skulls are in light all the time and only go out of light if they see a skull ship or a player with 3 skulls on his icon and then they log off/go into bonus map until light is available again, so there is much fewer ships to be seen on the water than usual.

The*Defiant likes this.
  11. -TALENTO.GR.-

-TALENTO.GR.- Someday Author

i dont understand why u have to lose skulls just because enemy shoot you????? not even close to sink you and u lose skulls!!!!!!

juraj888 and jokar_uae like this.
  12. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

I have read the comments in this thread, as always, and thought I would provide a slight bit more information to help clear up any misunderstandings.

Firstly, the Skull Fleet. These can be found on the maps 5 - 35, however, the amount of these depends on how many Crystal Skulls are already on players accounts.

For examples sake, lets say 10,000 Crystal Skulls is the limit (it's not). If every player on the server has a total of 0, the full amount of Skull Fleets will spawn. If the total on every players account equals 5,000, then half of the Skull Fleets will spawn. If the total equals 10,000 then no Skull Fleets will spawn.

So again, this means that the amount of these NPCs is totally dependant on the total amount of Crystal Skulls in the game on players accounts at that moment. These NPC's are only here in order to get the Crystal Skulls onto players boats so that the main focus of this event, PvP, can take over.

Why do they keep spawning then? Well that's because every time Crystal Skulls get "stolen", a number of Crystal Skulls are taken by the system as well as some going to the player who stole them. This means that every time there is PvP and players are losing Skulls, their is less total Crystal Skulls on players accounts, which means that more Skull Fleets will spawn to allow players to get them again.

Skull Ammunition does more damage on the Skull Fleets and only the Skull Fleets.

Players steal more Crystal Skulls from others for damaging Hitpoints than they do Voodoo Points. How many Crystal Skulls a player gains/loses is dependant on how many both players have. 600 Crystal Skulls, are safe and will not be lost, this amount can not be stolen.

Do not forget the activity bonus. The activity bonus works as a multiplier. As long as you have collected a certain amount of Crystal Skulls each day (the amount will not be released) then you will get more from Skull Fleets and players the next day. This can keep being raised throughout the event as long as you collect a certain amount each day.

Losing Crystal Skulls obviously seems bad, right? Personally, I think it may be a benefit early on in the event. If you collect and lose Crystal Skulls for a lot of the event then you are more likely to reach the threshold to get the activity bonus, which will mean that any Crystal Skulls you earn on the last day will be multiplied; a lot more than normal. Remember, its only the amount you end the Event with that counts, not what you had in the middle of it ;)

The Black Market will open on Monday the 12th of November at 12 noon, and will close on Tuesday the 13th of November at 12 noon. During this time you will be able to buy goods with the Crystal Skulls, and no Skull Fleets will spawn.

Crystal Skulls are not a permanent currency and will be removed from players accounts after the Event and Black Market have closed, putting players on a level playing-field again the next time the Event starts.

In my personal opinion, this event is a lot different than what we as players are used too, however, as it is simply damage that is needed and not the sinks, this allows all players big and small the chance to get some Crystal Skulls and purchase items in the Black Market.

Boarding players does not gain you Crystal Skulls, simply damaging them does. However, the PvP Cooldown, is a 60 second timer, this is activated when the attacker attempts to board a player or the defender has attempted to have been boarded. So, if you board a player, you can not board another for 60 seconds. Similarly, if the player has already been boarded in the last 60 seconds you will not be able to board them.

Swift

13. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

So you are saying that it is not the actual amount of skulls on your boat at 1200 that decides your bonus multiplier, but the amount of skulls you have looted from 1200 - 1200 (24 hrs), even if you have lost them again?

14. Swift

Ahoy,

Personally, in my own head that is how I believe it works, although this has not been confirmed. As it says "a certain amount of Crystal Skulls needs to be looted each day", well regardless of if you lose them or not, you are still looting them.

Swift

15. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

Could you please check up on that and get it confirmed as it is a huge different. If it is the total amount skulls looted and not what you actual have on your boats that counts, I don not need to worry about having max skulls on my boat at 1200hrs, and therefor can play much more freely.

16. Swift

Ahoy,

I have checked and it has been confirmed that it is just about the amount you loot in that day. You could loot thousands and lose them all, you would still get the activity bonus for the next day - which would then mean you get more rewards.

Swift

17. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Thanks Swift for the clarifications!

18. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

I loot around 4.000 skulls before 1200hrs (lost most off the again), but I still only get 150 skulls from skull fleet?

Does the "activity bonus" only work when looting from other players or does it also work on skull fleet?

Where can I see if I have an active "activity bonus"

If I have received the "activity bonus" will I loose it again next day at 1200hrs, if I have not looted the same amount skulls as the day before? Or will it just remain the same?

How many skull do you need to loot to get the "activity bonus" active?

As BP for some reason has chosen not to reveal the actual looting number needed to get the "activity bonus", it would be very nice if other players could share how much looting is actual needed and what the multiplier is? 1.5X? 2.0X? etc.

The*Defiant likes this.
  19. Swift

Ahoy,

The activity bonus applies to both NPC's and Players. You can not see the activity bonus anywhere in your account, you will just notice you will get more Crystal Skulls.

The activity bonus is gained, and increased each day (this could be noon or it could be at the end of day, I am unsure) as long as you have looted the required amount of Crystal Skulls (the amount will not be disclosed). If you do not reach that amount one day, you will lose you activity bonus and have to start again.

Swift

20. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

So it happen for me also lost 2600 out off 4000 skulls after being attacked by 1 player, even if I sunk the player! - This is now officially the worse event ever in my 10 years at SF.

juraj888 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.