Feedback The Ghost Cup

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jun 18, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I agree 100%. I ask with all due respect to the BP developers: would someone there consider changing the current set-up and give us a decent chance? I am fighting a ton of auto-pilot players (I have never seen anything like it in my 11 years of playing Seafight).

Rabbid likes this.
  2. ~GUARDIAN-ANGEL~

~GUARDIAN-ANGEL~ Junior Expert

why was the change made to prevent players from seeing the spawn map of the spear of destiny npc only for the last 6 days? did this make good sense to someone in your world? why take the opportunity for players trying to finish the puzzle all but completely away from them? where is there a person this is right with? some of us have jobs and cant be on 15 hours a day so it takes the whole event to finish even if we ignore our families just to try and finish. who is it with bp that makes the kind of decision to frustrate players for spending any available time to finish an event by finding ways to prevent them from finishing. i just do not see where this is good for the game.

babenewport and Rabbid like this.
  3. robodol1.

robodol1. Regular

i finished the puzzle about 1.5 weeks ago? and it is not hard. sell your unneeded pieces for cursed souls and buy what you need not that hard

4. Rabbid

Rabbid Forum Connoisseur

Sure it is for some people. But some of us don't have time to play more than 2-4 hours a day. And honestly, if you are asking players to do more than that for 20 days straight to finish a puzzle then something is wrong...

The*Defiant likes this.
  5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Well....I had 80 cursed souls at the start of this Event. I don't know if they were left over from previous Events, or BP gave them to me to get started. (And if they were left over from a previous Event and a player had like 400, then wow...what a nice advantage to start with)! But I have never had more than that 80 at one time, and I just reached 115 pieces and I have played **a lot**. I am glad you finished it soon, because right now it is darn near impossible. You can now sell a piece and get like 1 to 3 souls. That doesn't buy much when some puzzle pieces go for 54 souls or more *each*.

6. lellu85

lellu85 Forum Inhabitant

Sell rare and epic pieces - double pieces-, you get more cursed from those

7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Unfortunately that suggestion doesn't work. The epic pieces are almost impossible to get without souls to buy them. The only quest that pays an epic piece ( the "Just A Pitch" quest with 3 'Dem Bones) is randomly offered. And look below and see what I sold my rare duplicate for:

2020-07-08 14:00:26 You received 3 x Cursed souls. Reason: Ghost Menace piece sold.
    2020-07-08 13:58:25 You received 1 x Germany Rare.

Conclusion: Hopeless at this point (if you play the game honestly).

8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Well - with only 1 day and 8 hours left, and still needing 59 puzzle pieces, that chase was all for nothing. I would have thought BP would at least have increased the drop rate for us, so we could make a run for it. Or better yet - offered an exchange of radiant souls for cursed souls. Or even (and more to their style) offered Cursed Souls for sale in packages. At least players would have had the option to buy the packs. (I'm sure, however, that the auto players got all of their puzzle pieces). Geez....what a shame.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  9. AKYBOY

AKYBOY Someday Author

Have you did the trades?
    How much you damage a dawngazer?

10. Loki1621

Loki1621 Active Author

all you have to do was spend enough money to complete it

11. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Yes - I have traded puzzle pieces at every opportunity. And I hit the Dawngazer for about 300k without upgraded soccer ammo and 400k+ with it .

12. capetown1

capetown1 Forum Apprentice

Great event. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The rewards were commensurate with the effort put in. Nice one, BP/Seafight, best event I've participated in. I'm sad it's almost over. More of the same please.

13. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

I can see that there are a lot of players complaining about not finishing the event puzzle? - I am not sure if they have chosen the correct tactics or how much they have played or on which server? In my opinion it was pretty easy to complete the puzzle, as you got a lot of puzzle pieces from all ships, although most epic pieces came from the spear, and what you didn't get from ships, you could trade with your surplus pieces.

I completed the puzzle on day 2 after trading was available, and the only reason I couldn't complete on day 1, was the limit of max. 20 trades/day and since that I have collected 4.000+ cursed souls additional by selling puzzle pieces by only doing 10 trades/day, as I don't like to use to many crowns on trades. All of my guild members, who have been playing on a daily basis have completed the puzzle long time ago, also those with only "average boats" and we are a non bot guild, if you use it, you are out immediately.

I have played in average 4-6 hrs/daily since event start and have shot around 1000 nation ships and 300 down gazers + shooting on average 10 spears/day.

I think it is much better with no announcement of exact map for the spears, because with announcements, the map is overcrowded pretty fast and there is war over nearly every Spear. Without announcements, you can easily find a "fresh" Spear sailing around and shoot it together with your guild/allies without interference.

In this event, I have earned approx. (net):

150.000.000+ Pearls
    2.000.000+ Crowns
    100.000+ Yulong
    3.000+ Dragon fire lvl 2
    5 Gemini bonus maps (a bit unlucky there, should be 10-20 as many others with the same numbers of Downgazers boarded)
    + a lot more stuff bought on the event market for souls.

And this with "only" playing 4-6 hrs daily, so many other players have earned a lot more, not to mention those on "the dark side". So I will say, that this is is by fare the best event on SF ever in those 10+ years I have been playing the game.

Thank you Bigpoint.

Ķŵ†§ØĈ™ and The*Defiant like this.
  14. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

After reading your post, I see that the difference for me is I am a one-man guild stuck between two major warring groups on my Server. So the Spear has been a difficult item to shoot. I did not mean to be complaining; just trying to figure where I went wrong. Your post helps me to answer that question. Thank you mate!:)

15. babenewport

babenewport Junior Expert

i got to be fair this event has been absolutely brilliant ok no chance of completing the puzzle but ay you win some you lose sum i got my welsh flagged ship, so happy days from my point of view a big well done to bigpoint keep it up

Ķŵ†§ØĈ™ likes this.
  16. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Old Hand

May I ask what clan you are in? :)

17. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

RxR, but I'm pretty sure you knew that, why?

18. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

Great Event BP! Yes there were a few hiccups here and there, but I enjoyed it very much. I will give this a rating of 9 out 10. Thank You and keep them coming!;)

Rabbid and The*Defiant like this.
  19. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

As good as this Event was, I want to mention the Server lag on the last day became horrendous, due to the massive amount of "auto-players".:(

[​IMG]

Rabbid likes this.
  20. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

For those honest players who didn't quite make the number of puzzle pieces to complete the puzzle, it would be nice to be able to buy the cursed souls in a pack....and soon....before the Event ends.:) (This was later edited because after reflection, even I wondered about my sanity after re-reading my original posting)!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    babenewport, Rabbid and bøgholm83 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.