Unity Client

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bawdyn, May 27, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I downloaded the client directly from the link provided. It installed version 1.0.3. I thought the latest version was 2.0.3?

In any case, I can login (usually after it just crashes 2-3 times), but clicking on the Try Unity button, nothing happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing happens when I click that button.

How do I fix this?

2. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I just noticed, after the reinstall, the button now says Play. Same effect though, clicking it does nothing.

3. Carnage~Queen

Carnage~Queen Advanced

you probably need to delete ALL of your existing SF files from your computer and re-download the latest Unity version. You know when you have the correct version cos the start version says 'PLAY' - nuthin else.
    The latest version I have got is 20.2.
    Hope this helps

After clicking the PLAY button it takes quite awhile for game page to load.

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

5. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Please try uninstalling your file and downloading it from
    https://seafight.com/external/download/unknown/en (note there is a slight difference).

If that does not work please contact Support as they will need to ask you further questions which can't be placed on the forum.

Swift

6. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I tried your link and I get the same installer file, ver 1.0.3.0. I tried this on two different PCs and got the same file.

And when I try the Play button in my browser (Firefox) it says authorization failed.

Last edited by moderator: May 29, 2021
  7. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

OK, Fixed the Play in Browser problem. Logged out, cleared cache/cookies, logged in and now it plays. Still no luck with the client though, I can only get the 1.0.3.0 version of the installer.

8. Swift

Ahoy,

Having uninstalled my version and testing, I also download the same version as you. This will then update the first time you open it, which can take a long while - so I left mine open while I went out for a while. Then I closed the program, opened it again and in the bottom left it then says which version you have as shown:

upload_2021-5-29_18-32-55.png

Feedback has been forwarded to ask if it is possible to update the installer to the latest version so the upgrade in version for the player is not required.

I am of course glad you have been able to connect using the Browser for now.

Swift

9. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Thanks for the update. I guess I wasn't waiting long enough and shut it down thinking it wasn't working before it had done the update. I've waited now and it eventually said it had updated, but there was no version at all shown until I shut it down and started it again. I now see the version 2.0.3 https://www.seafight.com/ just like you show. A bit of a journey, but its working now. Cheers!

10. Swift

Ahoy,

I am glad this was finally resolved for you. I'll go ahead and close this thread now.

Happy Sailing!

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.