Feedback Unity Exclusive Alpha

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Oct 27, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Unity Exclusive Alpha

Please leave your thoughts and comments regarding the Unity Exclusive Alpha here.

2. Seren

The Open beta server is open

IMPORTANT: A new account is needed to get the “extra Unity test login loot” (a lot of items!:D)

3. cbg202

cbg202 Forum Apprentice

Ships are being drawn to the screen before other entities, it looks a bit weird. Trying to open the crafting menu crashes the game, sometimes health-bars don't load. Also, I can't download the client it only downloads the one I already got.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  4. şŧŗąŋɠεŗ

şŧŗąŋɠεŗ Advanced

. See this https://prnt.sc/v840yi .Hopefully link work. Things have to be adjusted, because i can't test the game now. But the game options looks nice. The tooltips are changed a little. And now, if your ship are damaged, you will see a red line. Before the green and pink line (full HP and VP) will be gone if you are sunk.

5. BigShip*

BigShip* Forum Apprentice

omg what is this its horror game now in 2021 dead

6. bodean

bodean Forum Pro

I finally got on the Beta test version, but I don't have any ammo and can't do anything. What am I supposed to do?

7. Xenoverse

Xenoverse Padavan

Login page states that my account doesn't exist, whereas the old portal works fine, I tend to believe that there might be an issue with the login/Token API that fetches user informations within the database.

bodean likes this.
  8. Xenoverse

Xenoverse Padavan

It's in ALPHA stage dude, calm down

9. Delta_Strike_One

Delta_Strike_One Forum Greenhorn

i like it so far. as far as ammo goes you have to click lower corner to select the type of ammo or type of harps. a bit ago had it where my screen was going to bottom of map for some reason like the arrow key or my mouse was locked but it wasn't. i also like the fact that in the sh you can tell who has mission and who doesn't so you don't have to guess.

10. *ROKKA*™

*ROKKA*™ Forum Apprentice

its look nice,but i have same problems what i have now in game...frozen really bad.......thats why i have to ask where problems go when unity start working?

11. marios200040

marios200040 Forum Apprentice

fps drop to 10 with this version

12. ρɨтςɦღµиє[ĀƝƁ]

ρɨтςɦღµиє[ĀƝƁ] Forum Greenhorn

13. HolyPotatoz

HolyPotatoz Forum Apprentice

Before reading my feedback, I do realize that some of the issues I'm listing are simply due to "X" not being implemented yet, or something being purposefully left out for this Alpha. Everything listed are either issues I found or annoyances, categorized accordingly.
    (This became a bigger "Wall of text" than I expected, if someone knows how to "spoiler" the 2 categories, let me know).

I'm really looking forward to a more robust and polished version of this, because I can (and hopefully others can see) the potential that Unity can bring to this game. By today's standards, Flash is simply garbage, especially when you try to throw such a massive online game at it like Seafight. I'm kind of impressed Flash is still able to hold this game together, though admittedly through a lot of duct tape.

Issues:
    Using Opera causes the game to run at 2fps, unless you make the window tiny. Likely a compatibility issue somewhere that needs to be sorted.
    Internet Explorer simply returns an error:

"Message from webpage"
    "An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:"
    "Invalid character."

Google Chrome ran smoothly at 120fps, Edge ran at 130fps.
    (I did not test Firefox).

Clicking the crafting button crashes the game.

Clicking right next to the ship doesn't move it - It seems moving only 1 square is impossible. This is frustrating when trying to micromanage movement (for instance trying to stay out of range of something/someone).

When testing Opera (Could be an issue with any slow browser, or any pc with poor performance): I noticed that when changing chart, the visuals didn't update. It looked like the previous chart, but had the collisions/NPC's of the correct chart. Refreshing fixed the issue once gotten.

I've seen the minimap completely bug out, I believe this happened when I got sunk. (Orange dots didn't disappear, the white box maxed out and clipped outside the minimap). - This rendered it completely useless until I refreshed.

(Perhaps an annoyance?): NPCs and Monsters (and their HP/Name) are layered on top of players. This can become an issue in terms of PVP targeting. (Intentionally hiding behind a monster to make it slightly harder for an enemy to target you, giving you a potential slight time advantage).

When having a preset that has "Shipwright's Schematic" and 4 equipped sails, the sails will stay equipped even after changing the preset to one that does not include the castle.
    However even though you visually have 4 sails, the "n x Bermuda Sail" displays n=1, instead of n=4. (when 3 is supposed to be correct in this case).

[​IMG]

Some weird bug not allowing me to attack NPCs even though I have cannons and ammo loaded. The issue resolved itself when changing preset (changing back also allowed me to attack). There is some weird issues with presets in general, such as how sails are equipped depending on castles, and cannons not being loaded correctly.

[​IMG]

League of Captains seems incomplete. Progress bar doesn't display time, just %. Clicking "Boost Captain" breaks every menu until you refresh the game. (nothing responds, other than changing tabs).

Annoyances:
    Icons are sometimes unresponsive. When you click, the "hover" effect just disappears ("Bad feel"). The first time you click on them after launching the game, it takes a few seconds, or sometimes even longer before anything happens.

You have access to the Cauldrons and the Gem menu as well as spy outside of the SH (Safe haven), but can't actually use their features outside SH. Either allow their full use outside,
    or block the menus all together unless in SH as is the case in the current live build.

"Hover over items information" is a bit to slow (for my liking anyways). Adding an option to adjust the wait time for the information to pop up could be a solution, or just reducing the time before it pops up.

Icons needs to be loaded on game-launch, not while playing. Its a bit annoying having to wait for cannonball icons to load when I'm looking for a specific one. This is a way bigger issue on
    the problem browsers, which in turn could be a problem on slower machines in general.

Ships/Monsters/Players are popping in and out of view range, instead of fading. (Likely just not implemented yet).

Nameplates needs to be moved down to just above the VP bar (or health bar for npc's that don't have VP). It just looks weird right now.

Shipwreck glitter is displayed on top of the ship. Likely just a layering issue. "Normal Glitter" is displayed underneath player ships.

When dragging your mouse over the top menus, they might end up staying "open".

[​IMG]

Favorites menu doesn't have a button to make it smaller (so it can be in the way, especially on lower resolution monitors).

Tool-tips needs to be polished. "Gemini Primus" has "WEAPON SLOTS" capitalized for no reason. The "help" menu for the Ship Castle has a couple of <br/> in it. Non of the items in your Depot show any statistical value, when they really should be. Figureheads, boarding equipment, hardwood beams are examples of this.

When going to the Ship equipment screen (to choose cannons), the right pane defaults to buying more slots, which is frustrating when all you actually want is to look at the stats of your ship. This also applies to the gem configurator menus. The buttons to click between these 2 menus needs to fill their entire box, not just the defining icon (does not apply to gem config menu).

Crew menu(s). There are missing icons for the different types of crew (the list going across the top on the "Crew" and "Pets" tab). There is also no boarding log tab.

Agwe's Armor Plates/Super armor plates (<- inconsistent capitalization)/Black gunpowder: They are all missing tool-tips (about their effects) from the list of active effects. (The same goes for Pumpkin Power/Swiftstone, I'm just going to assume this is either intended, or all of these types of consumables are missing their tool-tips in that menu).

Clicking on NPC/Monsters/Players gives a red circle, even when you're not attacking/being attacked by them.

Scrollbar on pretty much any menu is glitchy. (Either offset to the side as on the favorites hotbar, or offset incorrectly as in the Depot/Booster tab, or currency tab).

TLDR: This is a list of everything I was able to break, and general annoyances that I found. If you want to not crash, try "Edge", or "Google Chrome", don't trust presets, don't click on the crafting menu, and don't click "Boost Captain".

EDIT: You can rightclick the empty images and open them in a new tab to see what they are. Idk why they aren't displaying properly, but they are there!

14. ™~☣~ℒüїṧ~☣~™

™~☣~ℒüїṧ~☣~™ Forum Apprentice

i found only 1 real issues well plenty realli!! 1st is the UI its almost untotitaleble with buffs ammo and so on! but the map itself is nice!! ill keep adding as i find!! :D

15. Seren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.