unity launcher

Discussion in 'Help' started by crazy-diamond, May 29, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy-diamond

crazy-diamond Junior Expert

i have on my pc the unity launcher version 1.03
    in order to play i have to open this launcher, wait a few minutes until it updates itself to version 2.3 then it reopens and then i can play
    is there a way to update my existing launcher to the current version so i dont have to go through this process every time i log in?

crazy-diamond
    england 1

2. Loki1621

Loki1621 Active Author

once you get to 2.3 put a shortcut on your desktop

3. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

Once you have installed the Seafight Launcher as mentioned by Loki1621 you should then have a shortcut on your desktop (a golden Seafight logo as shown below), you then need to open this version to play - you don't have to install and then update each time.

upload_2021-5-29_18-36-18.png

If you are unable to find the shortcut, attempt to click on your Windows icon in the bottom left and look for the "Bigpoint GbmH" folder

upload_2021-5-29_18-37-54.png

Alternatively, you could try to type "Seafight" into your search bar.

upload_2021-5-29_18-38-33.png

Swift

4. crazy-diamond

yes swift, i have the launcher icon on my desktop, but as i said, its version 1.03
    there is no way to update the launcher i have on my desktop to the current version,
    i have to launch this version then wait for it to upgrade itself
    i have also tried unistalling it and reinstalling but it just installs the same old version,
    where is a link for the latest launcher? it doesnt appear to be available anywhere

5. Swift

Ahoy,

The installer will install that version, that is correct. This will then update the first time you open it like you have said (but it does not show its doing anything - you'll just see the homepage, the seachart won't open), which can take a long while. Then close the program, open it again and in the bottom left it then says which version you have as shown:

[​IMG]

Once updated to that version, it will remain at that version, until (if) another launcher update occurs, which again when you open it again it should begin updating to that new version.

Swift

6. crazy-diamond

no swift, i dont think you understand, the launcher on my desktop is 1.3, i open that as you say, it updates after waiting, as you say, then i can play
    but the icon remains at 1.3, so if i close the program completely or switch the pc off , when i want to play again i have to continuosly go through this same process
    i have the launcher 1.3
    i cannot find anywhere to update this launcher or install ther latest one, so i am asking is there a link anywhere to download the latest launcher (2.0.3)
    that way i can remove the launcher i have and install the newerr one, thus removing the process of each time i want to play sf i have to launch the old version, let it update itself, close it down and then relaunch, do you get what i am saying/asking?

7. Rafdebelg2

Rafdebelg2 Someday Author

hoi same problem too

thanks

8. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Hello,

how long are you waiting when your launcher is updating?

There should be a message in bottom right corner of your screen, once the update has been done correctly.

Do you see such message in your case?

Rymar

9. beastie1_67301

beastie1_67301 Forum Greenhorn

Yes I have the golden Icon, 2.0.3 . I log in, get the home page, click on the PLAY button, a white sea fight box pops up quickly with an " ! " , then goes away , and then, nothing happens...

10. crazy-diamond

hi rymar, yes it updates, it usually takes a minute or two, yes i get the message, yes i see the message,yes it updates and then i can play... what i am saying is I have to go through this same process every time i want to play, what i am asking is there a way to have the updated icon rather than an old version which has to update every single time i log in,
    does what i am saying/asking make any sense to anyone at all? because no one seems to understand my question, i can't see how i can be any clearer

11. *____*WiNtEr-SONATA-

*____*WiNtEr-SONATA- Forum Apprentice

i think u trying to say that everytime u open the launcher it on version 1.0.3 right?
    it automatically update itself n go to 2.0.3
    when u close the client n u open back the client the version go back to 1.0.3 right?
    so he is asking a solution for this problem
    usually when the version of the client is update the version stay eventhough u close the client or pc,
    for this problem or matter u should try ask support or have moderator to forward this problem,

Let it be short:
    1 ) He install the client on his pc
    2 ) The version of the client is 1.0.3
    3 ) The client automatically update the version to 2.0.3
    4 ) He play the game on the client then he close the client n close pc after finish playing
    5 ) The next day he open the client, the client go back to version 1.0.3 n he need to wait for automatic update

Problem =
    The client that he use always go back to version 1.0.3 when he close the client n open its back

12. crazy-diamond

yes winter sonata, you are correct, this is exactly the problem

13. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Don't run the installer again, once you've updated it can be deleted. Just go to your All Programs and find the Bigpoint Gmgh folder that was created by the update and run the Seafight program from there. You can make a shortcut to that one as well if you want.

14. *____*WiNtEr-SONATA-

*____*WiNtEr-SONATA- Forum Apprentice

yes i think u should follow bawdyn step,

15. Swift

Ahoy,

I have asked about this, if what has been suggested by Bawdyn does not work and you are still getting this issue, a simple check first is to completely uninstall the version you are using and redownloading it from
    https://seafight.com/external/download/Windows/en the installer has been recently updated (although the version shall show the same and will require an update at first run) so it may solve your issue.

If it does not, please let me know and I will ask again to try get this sorted for you.

Swift

16. Swift

Ahoy,

As there has been no further response, I'll close this thread.

Happy Sailing!

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.