What Evidence is Required by BP to Prove Cheating?

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Jun 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Like many long-time players, I sail around many nights and chain-sink the same players who are running their boats, yet "nobody is home" (to put it politely). What do I need to do to submit concrete evidence of their cheating? Would an hour of Bandicam footage where I sink them 70 straight times without their firing back suffice? We all know that there are multiple reasons cheating is done, not the least of which includes maintaining their high ranking "badge" and getting way ahead of other honest players in earning "Coins of Effort" for the "Current Season". (I saw in TS where one player was online for over 5 days straight).
    I do think the honest players on this game have a right to know the parameters needed to prove cheating, so that actions against said cheaters can be taken (like banning their accounts). Or.... is this something that, if submitted, will be tossed into the proverbial "File 13" (a.k.a. "the trash can")? I would just like to ask, so I can know if I can personally do something about this, or if I "just have to live with it".
    As Tom Cruise forcefully states in the movie "A Few Good Men", I want the truth. Thank you for your time.

Loki162, frodo7, santrans and 3 others like this.
  2. Raf

Raf Forum Apprentice

hoi
    I hope that something will be done about it; I support you
    gr Raf

frodo7, The*Defiant and titanik817 like this.
  3. babenewport

babenewport Junior Expert

this of course is a on going situation honest players will always be behind and i agree the perps need to be identified. the real problems is programmes the developers need to design a counter programme to block nothing being used by players to further gain at little cost advancement in the game

frodo7 and The*Defiant like this.
  4. Shelby1

Shelby1 Board Administrator Team Seafight

Any evidence you have can be submitted to support where it will be forwarded so the programmers can look into.

Shelby

5. titanik817

titanik817 Forum Apprentice

support doing nothing just stop yousing monny

6. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

You can upload the footage to YouTube and send it in to support but nothing will be done. If you type in "seafight ms6" you will see countless videos we have done and they still sail around. Unfortunately it's not worth the legal action that scares big point with banning people's account. Even if they do, it's only a short 2 weeks ban. It's not the answer you were looking for but it's an honest one.

+ I think there are more and more using 'them' because of the simple fact that nothing gets done, the old saying "if you can't beat them, join em" I know a few people who have never used them who are now turning to them for this exact reason

The*Defiant likes this.
  7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Shelby: With all due respect...and I do *not* mean this as a criticism of you personally...I meant "specifically" what kind of evidence is needed by the developers, as well as asking if anything will be done after it is submitted? Perhaps the answer is that you don't know, and if so, I understand. But the question begs for a specific answer. Thank you Shelby.:)

Loki162 likes this.
  8. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

We do not have the ability or power to take any action when it comes to bot / exploits matters, they have to be looked into by the developers who are qualified to identify any behaviour that is against the game rules. Nobody is allowed to use bots, any external help used for advancing in the game is against the game rules and against our terms and conditions.

This problem is known and we are currently looking for solutions. We have also officially warned all players about the use of any programmes. If we can prove the use of a program, we will lock the appropriate accounts.

Our detection system does take time to collect the data we require before removing such users from the game. That is not a support matter, that is up to our developers and game designers who work tirelessly to remove such cheats from our games.

We are aware of how incredibly frustrating this is, and while it may appear that nothing is being done, I can assure you that we are making progress.

However, please note that all complaints that come to us through players are all investigated, but we are not allowed to inform any third party if we have taken any action or what we find in these accounts.

I know that this may not be a fully satisfying answer but I am sure that you will understand that we cannot give out more detailed information.

I am sorry, I was not able to help you with this matter and achieve your desired resolution. We have to stick to our internal rules and guidelines when dealing with our customers’ inquiries; Unfortunately, at times this may lead to dissatisfaction.

As this is not a discussion thread, and this has been answered to the best of our abilities, this thread will now be closed.

Seren

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.