What is the future plans for Seafight

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Sea-Sea, Feb 5, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

I need to ask, "What is the future plans for SF"?

I have been playing SF for 12 years now, and have enjoyed the game most of the time, but there are some issues, that honestly makes me wonder what BP Agenda is with the game?

- 90% of the server is using bots, and nothing is done about it.

- The payment packages have for a long time been worth nothing, do BP actually want to sell some packages? Guess not.

- The price of pearls is still the same today, as it was for 12 years ago. for 12 years ago, you could buy the big package of 330 k pearls during happy hour and get 1 mill pearl for 99 euros, and your ship was fully equipped with everything. Today 1 mill pearls is worth nothing, a high level player can make 1 mill pearl in 1 hr, if he so decide, so by selling 330 K pearls for 99 euro, I see as cheating new players, who don't know better. The pearl packages should off course be disabled and made to Yulong packages with the same amount, 330 K Yulong for 99 Euros and x3 during happy hour, seems fair.

My conclusion is, that BP actually wants to get players leaving SF, and within 2-3 years, so many players have left, that BP will close down the game due to lack of costumers and no refunds will be paid. ref. the general conditions for the game, where it says that BP can close down the game when ever they want, without any compensation, so for us many, who have used thousands of Euros/USD on the game during the years, Just bad luck.

*Wonder* and Loki162 like this.
  2. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

That pretty well answers your own question mate. And accurately too, I am afraid. But more precisely: when the game is losing a significant amount of money, it will be discontinued. It is all about profit.

3. Notice how bot's win all events and they are now making events that you have to spend money for an item in a package to receive currency like crystal skulls to buy event items. No point in shooting npc's in event to help spawn admirals for them. Just a waste of time playing this game now, I now just get on on mornings for couple of hours with coffee to kill time getting more and more boarded with that.

4. -pysa-*

-pysa-* Junior Expert

it's no doubt that the is doing worse than it used to do, can only hope that bp does something about the bot-situation witch are the main problem.

*Wonder* likes this.
  5. Sea~Stream

Sea~Stream Active Author

The bot problem is'nt the main problem,The main problem is pricing old and new players out of never having an interest in the game.A game that has a great community and the backbone of ole war hardened sea dog's,.

It's the old street corner "sell them anything" thinking thats crippled the game.

·єviłωαყѕ· likes this.
  6. Carnage~Queen

Carnage~Queen Advanced

A lot of truth here regarding game not moving forward, retaining 12 year old 'pearl value packages' and inaction against the 'Bots'.
    The drive for draining more and more money out of the game 'cashcow' is also in its way responsible for the lack of new players.
    Since I started in the game years ago there has been an ever growing imbalance between those paying players and the players who play for free. As a non paying player I would have expected those that do pay to have a good advantage but the advantage now is so significant that I would not have started in the game years ago if the gap was so evident.
    I still play regularly but not the hours I used to...

Loki162 likes this.
  7. ☠FIREBALL☠

☠FIREBALL☠ Advanced

in one word money. yours going into their bank.

8. And the real problem is that those of us that do take the time to post in the forums are just talking to the people who also know what is going on. I quit once 11 years ago because of the same issues we are talking about here..(generally speaking). BP has always had one agenda which is to make money and we cannot blame them for that at all. It is a business after all. (while I sit here listening to "The End" by the Doors. LoL. But...if BP would just make some little changes ...like getting rid of the completely worthless interface they call "support" *edit*. BP cannot get rid of the bots...not because they don't have the ability, but because, as mentioned above, 90% of the players are running them. Imagine logging on to your server minus 90% of the ships..it would be a lonely water world indeed. Right? The question becomes, why doesn't BP (or who really owns the game platform) actually make some of the simple changes that would make the game a little more enjoyable for those of us who do spend a few hours playing before moving on to something really exciting like watching the news coverage of covid 19 or the politicians *edit*...(both better alternatives to SF recently)
    So...I started playing again about 8 years ago and found the same issues...same rip offs...same egomaniacal players posting sinks...and the same complaints here in the forum...quit again and...out of curiosity I dusted off the old act about 9 months ago and...surprise of suprises...ssdd...with the opportunity to spend a lot more money than previously to even pretend to be competitive with the sink posters who have invested deeply into the game on all levels...including running bots. What fun!~ Here I am..here I am...on the brink of quiting again and just wishing BP would spend the time to make some simple changes...like those mentioned

Last edited by moderator: Feb 8, 2021
    *Wonder* likes this.
  9. Not ever going to happen you all know this after years it's same old same!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Loki162 likes this.
  10. Gluteous*Maximus

Gluteous*Maximus Someday Author

*Edit*

Last edited by moderator: Feb 9, 2021
    *Wonder* likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.