Why am I banned from chat when BP is o blame

Discussion in 'Help' started by Southern_Comfort, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BP's policies have created a confrontational situation between larger more powerful ships and the smaller weaker ships (such as myself). We can't roam any map without being subjected to constant barrage , boardings and sinkings from the larger ships. Case in point; I get sunk and boarded by the same ship 14 times within 11 minutes. This is why frustrations run high in the chat and BP is to blame. This should not be allowed to happen at the lower levels. Please tell where the fun is, and don't feed me crap about it's just a game? We may not invest money in your game but we do invest precious time and at my age time is more important than money.

2. Bisdak

Bisdak Advanced

The current season, I think, is to blame for your predicament. Big ships (which usually stay in the higher maps) need to go to lower maps and sink ships there to earn season coins. So if you're getting sunk more than twice by the same ship (even if you did not antagonize him/her by trying to steal his/her kill, for instance), my suggestion for you is to use a Light of Tortuga, fully rep and transfer to another map. And try to join an active guild, preferably with an island in the maps where you usually are. And if it is any consolation, most big ships you see also had their fair share of sinkings when they were starting out.

3. First, I don't mind being sunk, part of the game. There needs to be a built in mechanism to keep stronger ships from exploiting weaker ships I don't care what the reason. I have played this game for eight years. I left four years ago and it was not this bad. There were maps that protected weaker ships to give them a chance to thrive. The idea and notion that "I" am the one who should cower and adapt is absurd. BP just needs to change the programming so weaker ships are protected from stronger ships. But when confronted with issues regarding their developers there response is and I quote "our developers are under an enormous amount of pressure".
    Second, you just made my case. BP is to blame for the amount of frustration that exposes itself it chat due to the absurd policies.
    Third, If BP is serious about making this a game for "everyone", then it will change or face the fact that it's game is going to slowly fade away due to lack of revenue from existing players who are tired of "not having fun". Why spend money on a horse that's dying?

Loki162 likes this.
  4. Hey....as a long time player who also quit for years and came back, I can relate to your issues with the game changes. I did, however, do what I had to do to improve my ship so that I don't get chained by everyone. There are still many players who I do not stand a chance against and some of them just like sinking the same player over and over because of their guild or a personal grudge. I like the seasons because they give players goals to achieve which can cut down on some of the boredom the game can have at times. It has been my experience that after you sink the same player twice, you no longer get BP, so the rewards of chaining are reduced. I can say, that when I first started the game, I got chained so many times that I gave up and got rid of some of my accounts...It was one of the reasons I quit playing for so long too...if you were not willing to invest $, you just could not keep up with those who did. For me, the biggest problem the game faces now is players who run bots. There are times when I don't see any players for hours...just bots running around farming. I have suggested to the developers that chaining bots always results in getting battle points..or other rewards, but they have not taken me up on the idea. I think BP really cannot tell the difference between bots and active players. Oh well, I get your pain...I know it can be a drag, but try to actively avoid people chaining you. Like Bisdak said...move to another map...get in a good guild...and just try to get your account built up to be more competitive.

5. Great input! This could be a great game. The problem isn't being sunk it's the god awful number of times it happens and the number of times I get boarded. I have lost 60000 pirates and associated equipment since Sept 13 due to boardings. That's insane! I use up most of the gold I get buying pirates and equipment and sails. I don't collect enough pearls and crystals due to being sank so many times, I'm constantly repairing. Where is the fun in spending the majority of your time repairing? As far as the bots, I hear ya. I watched 3 ADT ships lined up in a row in safe harbor all disappear at the exact same time. I went on chat and asked if they were bots and now it's like all three seek me out to sink me. There still needs to be protection for the weaker ships. I like the seasons as well. It gives me a "chance", when no one is around, to build up my ship. But that only goes so far. I can only do so much in a short period of time, then we're back where we started, being sunk constantly.

6. I don't know if you have any $ to spend, but there is one package in pets and ships I wish I had of seen when I started again. It is $50.00 and it comes with a burning Dutchman design...I can't remember the name...but just look for the Dutchman. You get 1 mil pearls. 15k crystals, 10 booty bags, lvl 4 voodoo priest, lvl 5 carpenter, 200 or so fairly nice cannon (not the best), and 1 mil confetti ammo . For me, just the crystals make it worth it. What server are on on? I would happily let you cap me for gold anytime. :) Find a good guild and more advanced players will help you with gold...any nice player should let you cap them for your gold needs and guilds can actually donate it to you...any little thing helps. I agree, getting chained sucks...when it starts, just log off for awhile and they will forget about you. good luck

7. Thanks Marque, but this isn't just about me. It's about creating fairness for all weaker players. Someone suggested going to lower maps. The stronger ships are in every map. I go to map 1 and get sunk just as much as in map 21. The only safe place is the safe zone. Can't hangout there forever, then it becomes apparent we can't participate in the "season". I guess what really pees me off is to see ships shooting 100k to 250k per shot in maps 1-4. That's damn absurd!!!

8. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

Thank you for your feedback, however as there is no question here and this thread has become a discussion thread it will now be closed.

Please be assured that your thoughts have been forwarded to the appropriate people.

If you wish in future to have input from your fellow players, or wish to just make a comment/feedback please use the general feedback section.

Seren

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.