Why are English mods so "close" happy?

Discussion in 'Help' started by tigermoth1037, Jun 5, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

Just a quick QUESTION.

I follow the english forum & the german forum as i can understand both languages.

The german forum has much more discussion & a lot more content.

But over here on the english forum everything just gets closed down, Please see previous thread for e.g - https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/most-wanted-event-silence.177969/#post-550158

Every comment was on topic of the original post, yet it was closed... WITHOUT an answer once again?

It seems once an English moderator doesn't know an answer they just close the thread.

Now it seems you are struggling for moderators that are.. up to scratch due to the amount of advertising in game for them.

But surely mods on chat and in forum get some sort of training?

If threads get closed for it not being a "discussion thread" then why can us players not actually post in the discussion thread? Would you rather just close all the threads to shut us up? all it is doing is pushing new and old players away from the forum and the game itself.

2. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

Whereas I agree with some of the things you said, there's not much we can do about it. the moderators will help to the best of their knowledge, however for the most wanted event, the bigpoint developers don't work weekends, so the reason the moderators didn't give an answer was because they didn't have one. The post itself did turn into a discussion post and it was put into the general questions area, so the thread was closed on that stipulation. however, had it not been that stipulation, the event was finished when the thread was closed so it would have been that stipulation that closed it anyway.

As for them being so forceful with the rules, they are within reason. I dislike the strictness of the implementation of the rules but I can't dispute them either because the moderators are correct when they're enforced. unfortunately, there's little we can do about it and this thread will probably be closed because it's in the general questions section when really it should be in the discussion area as the topic of the post encourages discussion, but I hope this answer helps to explain it a little, sorry it's not what you're looking for :)

Seren likes this.
  3. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

turnip i understand what you are saying, The most wanted thread was just used as an example.

My main concern is, we get threads turned down for being a discussion.. but then only moderators can start a thread in the discussion area.

So where are we meant to post? General Questions is the only area we can post a topic about as players.

Are we meant to post in the General Feedback area to discuss things? Once again, I'd like to urge this isn't a dig at mods as the rules are their by higher up, The mods just have to enforce them.

"" . unfortunately, there's little we can do about it and this thread will probably be closed because it's in the general questions section when really it should be in the discussion area as the topic of the post encourages discussion ""

4. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

you are right. moderators are the only ones who can start posts in general discussion area. this is when they want use to talk about something specific that they're looking at. e.g. a change to the game or an event. the general feedback area is where players can create their own threads to get other feedback from the game community.

either way, in both instances, the moderators can only pass the feedback on to the developers, who would then be in their own discretion as to act upon it.

In lehmans:

Any feedback or post that incites a discussion cannot be posted in general questions area.
    Discussion area is for threads created by mods that would like feedback.
    General feedback area is for anyone to create threads to discuss what changes they would like to see in the game :)

Seren likes this.
  5. tigermoth1037

tigermoth1037 Padavan

Nice, thank you for answering my question.

I will post in the General Feedback from now.

~turnip~ likes this.
  6. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

As this seems to be resolved by players themselves, this thread will be closed as resolved.

Thanks for your input.

Seren

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.