Why is this happening?

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Aug 13, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I shoot a ship and sink it and wait for the ammo afterburn to stop showing (i.e., the snowflakes). My boat reps back to 200k or more, and so I activate the Light of Tortuga and it comes on and immediately goes off. This happens to me constantly. If the afterburn is somehow still active, why am I able to rep back?

2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy The*Defiant!

Please be aware that the burning effect will always break your Light of Tortuga, therefore waiting about 15-20 seconds after finishing your fight shall be mandatory.

You are able to repair straight after your opponent has been sunk because at the moment of pressing the repair button you are not under attack.

There is a pause between DoT ticks where repairing is possible but once damaged again by DoT then you will see your ship cancel its repair. If you are patient and wait for the full DoT to run out and then activate your light it should not disappear straight away.

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  3. Happens to me all the time as well...I need to learn to be more patient when clicking on that light button.

The*Defiant likes this.
  4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

How do I know when it has run out? That's the problem. And I had just sunk my opponent. I did wait a bit, and then I had repped back from 89k to 200k and my base was still repping higher when I activated the Light which promptly deactivated. I have had the DOT cancel the repair multiple times and understand that, but I shouldn't be able to get that high on repping my base with the DOT still active yet the player was sunk.

5. I have had some 'mystery' issues with the light as well....but normally it's because I didn't wait for after-effects from ammo....A few times I was getting hit by an npc that I failed to notice...it can be frustrating M8.......among other things. :p

The*Defiant likes this.
  6. Rymar

We understand your frustrations and we will take your feedback under consideration and forward in onto the appropriate party.

Just advice for the future, please take extra time to check all parameters i.e Hostile NPC, Player attacks and DoT before using this action item.

Rymar

The*Defiant likes this.
  7. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Okay. I am still confused, but thanks for trying to help me.

8. Do you ever wonder who 'the the appropriate party' is?

The*Defiant likes this.
  9. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

True! And I wonder how many "appropriate parties" are still working there to fix things like this. (I bet the staff is shrinking, since we no longer see videos from "The Seafight Team", podcasts, etc.). Well - I really did not mean this to sound like a complaint "per se", and I do sincerely appreciate Rymar trying to help answer my question. I was just trying to understand why this happens in this manner.

After thinking on this for quite a bit, I think I may know part of the answer. I have my Graphics setting for my Seachart with "Boost" checked. So I only see my own salvos. If the ship that I sunk still is having afterburn ticks coming off me, I can't see them. But that still doesn't explain why sometimes I can't repair (which would be correct, with the DOT still happening), but other times I *can* repair, which suggests the DOT is finished and so I apply the Light, but it surprisingly gets immediately popped. I agree (as you had mentioned yourself) that there are "mystery issues" with the Light (and the game)! I recently went by an island (and it probably shot me some, because I got too close). I then put on the Light (maybe 5 minutes later) and went by the same island. The island towers shot me and popped my Light! I don't think that is supposed to happen, but it did to me. Oh well....

10. I have had more and more of those light popping off issues too Defiant....It always seems to happen at the wrong time as well. I can't imagine why you would lose your light when your ship is repairing though...that makes no sense at all. I didn't read your post as a complaint...It was obvious that you were simply trying to figure it out. Rymar always tries to help...even when I get on his case about things.... Gotta give him credit where credit is due. Good luck m8

The*Defiant likes this.
  11. Rymar

Ahoy The*Defiant!

As you are aware of my explanation for how to avoid wasting future items (Light of Tortuga) I can not be of more assistance on this matter.

I hope this is of use to you and that you can avoid this kind of issue in the future.

As for the feedback regarding your issue, we have forwarded it and if there are changes in the future you will be made aware of them in the patch day notes.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

As this query has been dealt with i shall now close this thread.

Rymar

~Closed~

The*Defiant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.