Winter Thaw Event 2018

Discussion in 'Users’ Corner' started by Seren, Jan 21, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Not that I am aware of. Up to 10k Reputation and I have seen no change in any rewards that I've noticed.

Dream~Crusher likes this.
  2. Dream~Crusher

Dream~Crusher Someday Author

Thanks so much mate!:)

3. sertatumsingi

sertatumsingi Junior Expert

How do you get missions from sigurd? do you have to have a certain amount of reputation?

4. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

To put this all in perspective: You shoot one non-Event Admiral Lucia and it pays around 15k+ in pearls and only has 2,150,000 in hit points. Compare this to the 9,000,000 hit point Elegant Elk that I just shot below:

2018-02-03 10:08:11 You received 17375 x Pearls.
    2018-02-03 10:08:11 You sank Elegant Elk's ship.

Sure...you can get free ammo off the Grumpy Boars, but you can also use that same free ammo on the Admiral Lucias!

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  5. kyloe

kyloe Forum Master

then u spend your day shootin lucias to spawn an admiral, then when you spawn an admiral, make sure noone else shoots it.

6. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Same problem happens with Elks.

7. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

Although it would be more profitable spending your time just shooting Admiral Lucias, you need to remember that:

1. They require a lot of Santa Lucias to be sunk before they can spawn. That's either a lot of time or a lot of ammo used on just gold.
    2. They aren't anywhere near as common as the Event NPCs. You can make 1-2m pearls a day shooting these ships. I'd like to see somebody make that from Admiral Lucias.

I don't see what you mean with "The same problem happens with Elks". The Elks give you profit, the Black Rams give you profit and the Grumpy Boars give you profit...

~Des

kyloe likes this.
  8. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

In response to kyloe's comment: "then u spend your day shootin lucias to spawn an admiral, then when you spawn an admiral, make sure noone else shoots it. I meant you can have an Elk taken from you, or any of the other Event NPCs for that matter. If you live on the game like many do (kyloe), then yes...I am sure you can make a lot of pearls either way. You can shoot Tentacles 20 hours a day/ 7 days a week and make a lot of pearls. I was pointing out the math and actually, for the Event player and not a lot more than that, the free ammo is good just to have, even with the 25% discount.
    P.S. I have 175 million hollows from capping folks, so the "ammo cost" of shooting Santa Lucias is nil for me.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Lady.Wolf likes this.
  9. Destruction

Destruction Old Hand

My comment wasn't about being able to afford to shoot Santa Lucias, but just that in the time it takes to hollow down Lucias until you get an admiral, and then shooting the admiral, you could have made a lot more profit just from shooting event ships. Even if they are "stolen" from you, you still make a good profit with Flares on every NPC (assuming you have a relatively strong boat) and you'll get some pearls still from ones that are stolen.

I'm not trying to deny that hollowing Santas and shooting the Admirals is a valid way of making pearls as I agree it is, I just think the event is more profitable for the time you put in.

~Des

Lady.Wolf likes this.
  10. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

The post event compensation will run tomorrow, 7th February at 3 pm (local server time).

CurrencyRatioCompensation
    Event Keys1 : 1Treasure chest keys
    Ice ammunition1 : 1Gold

11. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I just made the factual point that mathematically an Admiral Lucia is 2,150,000 hit points vs an Elegant Elk's 9,000,000 hit points, and they both pay about the same in pearls. That was my point. I was not trying to use something like Linear Programming to minimize or maximize an objective.

Lady.Wolf and Destruction like this.
  12. Seren

Seren Team Leader Team Seafight

We´ve moved the compensation to tomorrow, 8th February at 3 pm (local server time) and activated the Ice ammunition and Burning ice ammunition crafting again until tomorrow, 8th February at 2 pm.

13. No_Mercy

No_Mercy Junior Expert

Was looking forward to openning chests... *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.