"Damage Prevention" Isn't Working Right.

Discussion in 'Help' started by The*Defiant, Mar 12, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

I have no Armor on and it's 80%. I add Armor and Super Armor and it remains at 80%. I refreshed, re-spied myself, etc. but it is still 80%. Any ideas? Thanks for your time and help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Köyble

Köyble Forum Apprentice

I think it does not count as damage prevention, but still effective if you use it. I don't remember if it ever changed that number, so we can call it normal if you ask me.

3. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

What you said appears to me to be incorrect (at least according to the "Maximum Values" information below). But thank you, mate. I'll see what Rymar says. (If you *are* correct, then this statistic is totally worthless).

Damage Prevention

Below you shall find the maximum amount of Damage Prevention you can have on your ship.

Agwe's Armor Plates: 10% <---- Note here
    Super Armor Plates: 10% <---- Note here
    Adamantine Hull Castle Level 10: 20%
    Defense Skill: Reduce Harm: 13.8%
    Agility Trainer Level 5: 6%
    Aventurine Ship Special Gem: 5%
    Aquamarine Level 32 Gem: 32%
    Sugilite Level 32 Gem: 24%
    Brothers in Arms: 5%
    Reinforced Ribs Level 6: 22%
    Level 7 Master Skill: Tough Nut: 5.25%
    Overlord Might: 3%

Total: 156.05%

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  4. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy The*Defiant!

Both shields provide you with defensive bonuses however these are not displayed within the ship overview / spy section.

I'll ask if this is intended or simply a display issue.

Please rest assured that these items are working as intended and provide you with 10% damage prevention.

Rymar

5. The*Defiant

The*Defiant Forum Freak

Rymar - First: No. They *each* provide 10%, for a Total of 20%, which is a fair chunk of "good faith" prevention! Second, this is one very bad joke! You told me previously in a question about this parameter that the Aventurine Ship Special Gem "does not show up" in this statistic. Now - here are two more? That's 25% of the 12 parameters comprising "Damage Prevention" that don't show up! I thought the point of these "Maximum Values" - which you do refer us to, time and time again - was to give us parameters to work with to try to optimize certain features on our boats (i.e., Damage Prevention, Hit Probability, Dodge Chance, etc.). I get the feeling now that these are all just one big joke (on us - the players)! This is absolutely pathetic. I will never ask again about the "Max Values". They are just a bunch of worthless junk for us to spend money on to **attempt to optimize things that the software is not accurately measuring, and reflecting back to us accurately**. You can close this thread.

6. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Yes, these are two separated items, which mean both of them provide you with 10% - everything is listed within the Maximum Values thread.

As per request.

Rymar

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.