Diminishing Returns

Discussion in 'Help' started by Nacho™, Nov 24, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nacho™

Nacho™ Someday Author

How does this work exactly, I just started playing from over 2 year hiatus or so. I've looking all over on here but no definite answer. I've been playing a lot since I came back on the game. Trying to learn the game because so much has changed. At first i had no Idea what that icon meant. Until it got high enough and was greatly reducing my farming and I noticed it in my logs. So at first it seemed like the more you play the more seafight punishes you for it. I understand it's purpose its to fight bot users, but it will help from seafight to tell us how it exactly it works.

Take for instance this:
    2019-10-29 16:59:11
    You received 55 x Pearls. (Correction: 10%)
    2019-10-29 16:56:25
    The quest has begun. Smooth sailing, Pirate!
    2019-10-29 16:55:49
    You received 2 x Mojo.
    2019-10-29 16:54:32
    You received 400 x Explosive ammunition.
    2019-10-29 04:08:14
    The quest has begun. Smooth sailing, Pirate!
    2019-10-29 04:07:55
    Congratulations! Quest completed.
    2019-10-29 04:07:50
    You received 594 EP (experience points). (Correction: -10%)

I would notice the correction then would stop playing then get on and sometimes I would get a positive correction as seem above. That was over a 12 hour window on not playing but it never goes above 10 positive but was testing and I've seen it go all the way to 90% negative. Its never the same amount of time that it last at 0% before it starts going negative sometimes i play for over 6 hours and no correction and other times not even 1 hour then i get hit with the correction. Just frustrating I understand it's purpose, but would want to know how it actually works so I can play on seafight without having to worry about correction around my Real Life schedule. What actually starts the timer for the correction? being logged in the water? or the main page? I've logged out of the water countless times before and come back with the correction not going down and noticing that I forgot to log out of the main page. Does this affect this? I haven't been playing for almost 12 hours today and my correction hasn't gotten down. Would like more information on this matter and not just some "we have no information how it work from the devs response" Thank you

2. Shelby1

Shelby1 Board Administrator Team Seafight

3. Nacho™

Nacho™ Someday Author

Yes, I've seen that but it does not answer my question on the exact numbers and how its calculated or effected

4. ~turnip~

~turnip~ Forum Duke

I will try and explain this while keeping in the realms of the allowed vocabulary. the actual bible page for it is not clear enough but I've played long hours so know how it works.
    diminishing returns was introduced because of the high number of illegitimate players continuously illegitimately farming. the way it works is that legitimate players will be able to enjoy normal rewards within the given hours of what bigpoint classes as a normal day of gameplay.
    after these hours, if the boat is still farming it then gets into the hours classed as illegitimate by bigpoint. when this happens, the rewards for tat specific player from the things they farming are gradually reduced so that the player does not gain as much of an advantage. it works to some degree, just not as much as some would like I guess. for the player to reset the progress, they would have to log out for a period of time.

an example of this is how I play. I suffer from problems in real life so seafight is a good way for me to pass the time. I play it longer than I should be doing though. I start on the correction:10%. this is a 10% bonus on my rewards and will last for the first hour of my gameplay for the day. after that. hours 2-16 are what bigpoint class as a normal day. so for these hours, I get normal rewards, unaffected. after hours 16+ this is when bigpoint class it is the illegitimate hours. this is when the reward reductions kick in. i'm sad, i've got to this point on a few occasions. when I see I have reductions, it's usually 4am and I decide to go to sleep. :D the reductions start at -10% of the original reward and increase by 10% every 45 minutes until a maximum of what seems to be -80%. when I go to sleep, I log off, this allows for the cooldown so when I awake the following day, the progress is reset.

it's a goodish system, bible needs to explain it more, hope it helps :p

Bawdyn, bodean and The*Defiant like this.
  5. TEX~BULL

TEX~BULL User

Thank you ~turnip~ for that explanation. Very nice job. To address never getting more than +10%, that is the cap that you can receive and you can play for 2 - 12 hrs I believe before the diminishing rewards start. Once they start they will increase 10% roughly every 45 minutes. In order to reset to 0 you must be off the Seachart for as many hours as you were playing before.

Please ask any questions or any further clarification that you may need.

Tex

~turnip~ likes this.
  6. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

In addition to the above, there seems to be a minimum cool down time to get the bonus +10% back.

I've never played long enough to get a negative amount, but I've found that if I play late at night and then again the next morning there is no +10% bonus hour. If were instead to wait until afternoon then I'll start with the +10%. So, it feels like its maybe 12 hour of no playing to get the bonus back.

There isn't a minimum time time you can be on the sea to not count as playing. So if I go on the sea for 1-2 min just to buy something in the shop (like during happy hour) it resets the timers. I would have to wait another 12 hours (or whatever the amount of time is, I'm guessing) to get the bonus back. This is one of the main frustrations I have with them moving most of the in game items to the Shop. Happy hour rarely happens when I have the time to actually play, so I have to decide between buying those items and having the bonus time when I do play later.

I agree that having the actual details of how it is scheduled would be helpful. I also agree with ~turnip~ that it hasn't eliminated the bots. It has reduced them, but they are still around. I can't imagine that they are making any profit after the negative gets high enough.

~turnip~ and bodean like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.