I need help with a guideline for my ship

Discussion in 'New Pirate Tutorials' started by Frieren~, Mar 8, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Frieren~

Frieren~ Forum Greenhorn

I started playing a week ago and I am Level 22, I just rushed there and now I am starting to feel I should've not, the Commowhelt NPCs hits so hard and I am forced to use the Lion protection, but also I am hitting not much (Barely 100k with base explosives, and 40k to Guardians).

My ship has decent gems: +49 Speed, +22% Cannon Dmg, +12.5% Prob Impact, +25% Prevention, +16% Dodge
    My mascotte gems: +1000 Elite Bonus, +18,75% Prevention, +15,75% Dodge

Skills in Damage Tree (100): Extra Arms: 50/50 - Boarding Bonanza: 10/50 - Super Salvo: 40/50
    Skills in Defensive Tree: 0
    Skills in Economy Tree (70): Damage Maker: 50/50 - Monster Remedy: 10/50 - Harpoon Hustler: 10/50

My castles are really narrow, I have only the Ramp at 5, tho I've been told the Castle discount should be soon, so I was waiting that

My cannons are decent, I think:
    355 slots (I can buy 140 more)
    Overlord Lv2
    11 Bastion Lv5
    3 Bastion Lv4
    250 Worldbreaker Lv1
    85 Worldbreaker Lv0

In the extra I have
    75 Slots (I can buy 230 more)
    Reinforced Ribs Lv0
    1 Steeled Chains Lv0
    1 Rowboat Lv0
    15 Hardwood Beams

Also I have 2 Ribs instructions, but I really don't know where to get the materials

I am using Commonwealth Swordman Lv1 most of the times, unless when I can use the lv5 from the weekend code

If there are any other info you need I will give them, atm I have 6M pearls but as said, idk if it's worth waiting or I should use them, I used 1M in mojo and I am doing maps with Admiral Cannons for Exp whenever I have free time and I am just watching stuff on Netflix

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  2. Rymar

Rymar Board Administrator Team Seafight

Ahoy Frieren~!

As a newbie your cannons are OK, don't worry about them to much for now - these will come from events etc. slowly but steady.

I. Gems

Your ship gems are set up correctly, these may be a bit low for now but trust me during events you can purchase some ship designs with better ones - that require grinding.

So don't give up easily - yes you will be sunk by most players, but trust me there is always one or another way to pull out profit from every event.

You should aim for at least level 30 gems, but every level higher you get (within your gems) the greater difference you will see.

II. Skills

Your skills need investment, especially the defensive ones as you mentioned 0 in them.

Here is (in my opinion) what you should try to do as soon as possible (just put everywhere base minimum to unlock these in first place):

Offensive:

- Super Salvo
    - Offensive Assault
    - Powder Punch
    - Range Finder

Defensive:

- Reduce Harm
    - Dodge Ball

Economy:

- Speed Freak

Note: Within the Economy you can skip on most of the skills as in the beginning the only interesting skill there is speed.
    III. Ship Castles
    You did not mention any ship castles, do you own them at all?

Most important ship castles:

Forecastle:
    Cannon Loader
    Adamantine Hull
    Topcastle:
    Astrolabe
    Gunpowder flask
    Carpentry Expertise
    Voodoo Castle:
    Voodoo Mirage
    Gun Deck:
    Shipwright Schematic
    Note: Shipwright Schematic is useful only till it unlock additional Sail for you. Then you can skip on the highest level here
    Aftcastle:
    Cannon Storage
    Sternpost
    Crew Deck:
    Military Expert
    Ferocious Bookkeeper

REMEMBER: There are special event days called Castle Days where you can purchase all ship castles 25% off - these are around about every 1-3 months. So we may get one in April or May who knows... who knows...

IV. Your Damage

There are four bits to remember that apply to both PvP and PvE:

1. Your Damage Prevention affect Your Opponent Cannon Damage
    2. Your Cannon Damage affect Your Opponent Damage Prevention
    3. Your Dodge Chance affect Your Opponent Hit Probability
    4. Your Hit Probability affect Your Opponent Dodge Chance
    Guardians require high hit probability (yes above 100%) to deal regular damage, that's why you hit a bit more on Warriors than Guardians.
    V. Passive income - League of Captains

Focus on some of your Captains. Captains even on low level - no tier, bad equipment etc. - can provide you with additional action items and some can even do you bonus maps when you are in bed!

Doing your quest, shooting event ships? Send you captain for a task.

Going out tonight? Send your captain before you leave!

This cost you nothing and can greatly improve your pearls / crystals and other currency income.

If you have any questions regarding captains fire away! I am always around (at least 4 times a day) here to answer any questions you as well as your fellow pirates may have.

For now I will point you to our Seafight Bible post where everything is explained ->
    Click!

VI. Extra Rewards - Forum Games / Voucher Codes

Seafight offer weekly Discord / Forum games where you can take a part and gain some additional rewards.

Weekly Mini Games can be found here ->
    Click!
    All Voucher Codes are posted here -> Click!

VII. Expansion Items

You mentioned a mix of items that is already on your ship. Please be aware that your items are set incorrectly.

Take a moment to look here ->
    Click!

You stated:

In the extra I have
    75 Slots (I can buy 230 more)
    2 Reinforced Ribs Lv0
    1 Steeled Chains Lv0
    1 Rowboat Lv0
    15 Hardwood Beams
    Now while these are on, take a look at your ship overview -> values -> damage prevention

upload_2024-3-8_11-13-13.png
    Now, remove everything and leave just these 2 Reinforced Ribs and see the difference in damage prevention.
    To summary everything mentioned above, focus on events and your captains to gather resources.

And DO NOT give up (-:

Hope that helps!

Any further questions, something need an explanation fire away!

Rymar

3. Frieren~

Frieren~ Forum Greenhorn

Should I invest how many pearls for the skills?

I have only one Forecastle unlocked 5/10 with the Cannon Loader 5/10 aswell, I am waiting the Castle Days to invest most of my pearls in there.

About the League of Captains, I have a couple of them "green" rarity, sending them doing dailies and bonus maps, but how do I get them to have specific skills? I have to merge them and use items to get a bigger chance to get the skill? If I have no Captains with a specific skill how do I do that?

For Discord, I am there already, also the tip about the Ribs was so usefull, my Prevention skyrocketed to almost 55% from 47%

4. Rymar

Ahoy!

I. Skills - yes its worth your pearls but... I always follow 50% rule which allow me to purchase event ammo or any items that may appear into the event market.

If you have 1 000 000 pearls invest 500 000 and leave 500 000 for any future events that may come, you've got 3m invest 1.5m keep it that way till you hit 10m where you can adjust your % saved. This always worked for me (-:

II. I am glad to hear that you wait for Castle Days. I believe that 5m pearls will give you a big boost once Castle Days will be on

III. About the Captains... click on Captain Chest (if you have any) but do not press Claim.

This will allow you to view all Captain "Families" where you can see which Captain will be best for you.

Focus on obtaining captain with base vitality of 95 and the highest luck and reputation that you can get.

Why? Well if you pick captain with 80 Vitality even if such captain will be in the Blue Tier his Vitality may be to low to do Blue Tier quests!

So, 95 Vitality on captain that you select as you "main" is crucial.

Dailies + Bonus Maps on any captains that's great!

How do you move specific skills? I guess you mean perks, I would not look at them at all for now till you gather at least 10 - 20 Captain Chests from events / codes. But to answer your question you simply merge Captain A within Captain B and the perk transfer chance equal 10% +35 with special item to a total of 45%, if you do not succeed your Captain B and his perk will be lost.

Use multiple captains for any quest you can - turn them green but stop there. Find yourself a captain which has 95 Vitality on level 1 (no colour tier) and keep him as you Main (go blue / purple etc.) - that will be your best one.

Here is an example of good Captain and Okay-ish where good one had 95 Vitality at level 1 and the Okay-ish did not.

upload_2024-3-8_14-0-3.png upload_2024-3-8_14-0-17.png

As you can see the GOOD Captain has a lot more vitality therefore he can do more missions, you can increase their stats in reputation / luck / vitality by equipping some clothes but that's something that can be hard to obtain.

Long story short: Vitality is crucial when it come to a "main captain".

Hope that helps.

Rymar

5. Frieren~

Frieren~ Forum Greenhorn

The Captains is such a big thing, and I havent touched Atlantis yet...
    My two "Green" Captains are not evel level 10 yet, but I managed to give them gear of their tier and most everyone else is not level 1 to check about the Vitality, I guess for the perks and other things I gotta wait events where I can get more chests, thanks a lot for everything, I will invest prolly 1M of the 6M perls I have in defensive skills and always keep myself over 5M for the castles
    I was doing some math, is better have the first few castles at level 8, or maybe get more around lv 6/7?

As I have Cannon Loader at 5, with the Castle Days I can spend 5.5M pearls and end up with:

Cannon Loader at 8
    Cannon Storage at 8
    Adamantine Hull at 8
    Astrolabe at 8
    Shipwright's Schematics at 6 (For the extra sail)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  6. Rymar

Ahoy!

Sounds like a plan!

We should have a major event soon due to the game birthday event, so there may be opportunity to grind grind grind!

(-:

Rymar

7. Frieren~

Frieren~ Forum Greenhorn

Thank you so much for the info, I'll get the skills and try to get as many perls I can with the bonus maps and the upcoming event, I'll wait to level up my pirate level, tho with the weekend code and the Swordman lv5 I can do much more

8. Rymar

Ahoy!

If you have any further questions or simply need a second hand opinion on which upgrade would be better don't hesitate!

Happy Sailing!

Rymar

9. Frieren~

Frieren~ Forum Greenhorn

All good, I am just doing quests right now, I managed to get the Elite 34 Design aswell, tho it doesnt have prevention gems, is still a huge hit for me
    I'll just chill untill the birthday event now <3