New Captains Fail to Return the Rewards

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bawdyn, Jun 3, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I tried out the new Captain setup. I sent out both Captains, one to do a daily quest and one to do a bonus map. Both returned and my log got an entry saying they were back, but there were no rewards shown nor, as far as I can tell, earned.

Daily (note that the name is not there but a label is):
    2021-06-03 10:02:35
    Your captain was victorious and successfully finished labels_Quests_578 for you!

Bonus Map:
    2021-06-03 10:57:35
    Your captain was victorious and successfully finished Cancer map for you!

2. C~D-chat2!!!

C~D-chat2!!! Forum Apprentice

mine the same, and yes i know you now have to redeem your rewards, but there was no option to redeem either

2021-06-03 03:33:01
    Your captain was victorious and successfully finished Sagittarius map for you!
    2021-06-03 02:43:01
    Your captain set sail and will try to finish Sagittarius map.

39/41837611

3. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

I have reported both of these to the Developers, we apologise for the inconvenience and I hope I shall have an answer for you shortly.

Swift

4. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

I hope the answer includes either the rewards or the bonus map back, the daily is less important. ;)

5. .Kenze.

.Kenze. Old Hand

Cant get my captain to do a daily quest. Rubbish! Quest not exist!!

6. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Make sure you pick the right Captain, Anne Bunny can only do the Bonus maps, Captain Ravenbeard can do either Bonus maps or Dailies.

That said, don't bother doing them until the fix the problem with no rewards given.

7. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

It wasn't a one off problem, I tried doing another daily yesterday (not wanting to waste another bonus map) and the captain came back empty handed again. Are the Captains working at all for anyone? Or is this just some of us?

8. sword_of_mayhem

sword_of_mayhem Forum Greenhorn

The captains are working for me. I have to go back and click the receive rewards button and they show up in my log as received and are in my depot etc.
    This is on the Global America 3 server and the USA 2.
    At least for me, this 1 function has been working from the start.

9. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Receive Rewards button? Is this new with the new captains? If so, I don't recall seeing it, but I'll look. The old captain just automatically returned rewards when it returned from doing the bonus map, so I wasn't expecting an extra step.

10. Sea-Sea

Sea-Sea Forum Inhabitant

"Receive Rewards Button" Where is that? I can't find any reclaim reward button anywhere?

11. sword_of_mayhem

I can't do a print screen here for some reason. When you click the icon for the League of Captains, when the captain has completed the task, a bar shows that says "collect reward" instead of "configure" .
    Sorry. If I could post the screen a picture would be worth a thousand words.

You received 4375000 EXP (experience points).
    2021-06-05 22:05:34
    You received 100 x Safanad coin.
    2021-06-05 22:05:34
    You received 1 x Hip Flask.
    2021-06-05 22:05:33
    Your contribution greatly helped your captain on labels_Quests_1923 by gaining a completion boost of {$Percentage} percent!
    2021-06-05 11:33:26
    Your captain was victorious and successfully finished labels_Quests_1923 for you!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  12. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Did you have to remain logged in to get that? I went back to the Captains screen after logging back in and both slots still said Configure.

13. sword_of_mayhem

I don't have to be logged in. I send the right captain on his way, come back later (logged off or not) and he/she is done. Configure is gone and collect rewards is there. Click it and I get it. Then it goes back to configure.

Bawdyn likes this.
  14. Bawdyn

Bawdyn Forum Ambassador

Given the time zone I'm in and the server I play, I wonder if there was a server restart between the time I sent the captains out and the time I next looked at them. Since I had no idea the rewards delivery method had changed, I wasn't even looking for it.

It would be nice to know these things before hand rather than trial and error. It seems like even the Mods were not informed of the change. Hmm, just looked at the FAQ and the League of Captains entry has been updated, but in a way that did not change the date of the entry from the original date.

https://board-en.seafight.com/threads/league-of-captains.178483/

I do notice that in the FAQ, the example daily quest (Eathbound) says its completed in 8 minutes, but in the text it says 2 hrs for every one of them.

15. Swift

Swift Community Team Team Seafight

Ahoy,

As you have stated the FAQ was updated at the point of release of the League of Captains, the same method we have done for many other feature releases or improvements in the past.

We were aware of the change and I have used the feature myself. The reason I have forwarded your issue is because I checked your boat and seen that you have nothing to collect - restart or not, if your Captain completed the map/quest you should be able to collect a reward - which you were not able to do.

Could I please ask you to forward the logbook entries and a link to this forum post in a Ticket to support so they can accurately track your issue and make sure you either get the bonus map back or the rewards booked to your account.

As you have been redirected to Support and the issue has been forwarded, I'll close this thread.

Happy Sailing!

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.